Author Topic: Brooks: Voters Didn’t Like Dems, But Preferred a Party ‘Out of Touch to a Party That Was out of Thei  (Read 439 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Brooks: Voters Didn’t Like Dems, But Preferred a Party ‘Out of Touch to a Party That Was out of Their Minds’

Ian Hanchett 12 Nov 2022

On Friday’s “PBS NewsHour,” New York Times columnist David Brooks said that voters in the 2022 midterm elections said that “we don’t like the Democrats,” but at the end of the day, the best summary is that the voters “preferred a party that was sort of out of touch to a party that was out of their minds.”

Host Judy Woodruff asked, “David, were you surprised when it came down to it?”

Brooks responded, “I think I was. Well, what had happened was, two weeks before the race, or three weeks, the generic ballot really did move in favor of the Republicans. And there was a moment when it looked like, if that was going to continue to move, then the Republicans will have a good night. But then, in the last two weeks, it just sort of — as Jonathan said, it just flatlined. And so the Republicans did not continue to make gains on that thing. And I think that was voters saying, we don’t like the Democrats, but we — there was a good summary. They preferred a party that was sort of out of touch to a party that was out of their minds.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/11/12/brooks-voters-didnt-like-dems-but-preferred-a-party-out-of-touch-to-a-party-that-was-out-of-their-minds/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

Biden's attack on MAGA Republicans may have been disgusting but it worked.

The problem: It's a one shot deal unless Trump gets the 2024 nomination
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Biden's attack on MAGA Republicans may have been disgusting but it worked.

The problem: It's a one shot deal unless Trump gets the 2024 nomination

Trump will Double tap himself. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Dementia Joe was out of touch, not out of his mind?
 :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:
Who is so mentally compromised that they think this crap up?
 :media: :media: :media: :happyhappy: :happyhappy: :happyhappy: :mauslaff: 000hehehehe :laughingdog:
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Sadly, GOP hasn't had a winning election cycle since 2016 basically.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Sadly, GOP hasn't had a winning election cycle since 2016 basically.
The GOP wasn't supposed to have that. Hillary's fraud machine just didn't have the horsepower the newer, improved versions have.

The Swamp/Uniparty has had four elections to refine that.
ABCNNBCBS will ensure that dissent is marginalized or the FeeBIes or weaponized IRS will squash the dissenters.
We're in a mess now we will not be able to vote our way out of.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2022, 04:30:02 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis