Author Topic: Inside GOP, calls grow for party chair to resign in wake of midterms  (Read 292 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Inside GOP, calls grow for party chair to resign in wake of midterms

Republican officials want Ronna McDaniel to step down after multiple disappointing elections.

By Aaron Kliegman

Updated: November 11, 2022 - 11:48pm

A growing number of Republican Party officials are frustrated with GOP Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel following Tuesday's midterm elections and want her to resign, according to Republican sources familiar with the situation.

"People are upset and want to replace Ronna," said one veteran Republican National Committee official. "They're calling for her resignation but not publicly. [RNC] members are calling for accountability as they should."

The official noted that, even before the 2022 midterms, Democrats gained control of the House in 2018 and then did the same in 2020 for both the White House and the Senate — including a runoff election in Georgia. McDaniel has been chairing the RNC since 2017.

Leading into Election Day this week, polling had indicated for months that Republicans would enjoy a landslide, red wave victory. However, Republican hopes for such a victory faded Tuesday night as Democrats performed better in House races than expected and won some key Senate and gubernatorial seats considered vulnerable.

As the vote count currently stands, neither party has secured a majority in the House or Senate, with more ballots to be tallied and more states to be decided. Republicans are leading and still likely to win control of the House, but by a much smaller margin than forecast. As for the Senate, it's anyone's guess, but any majority will be razor thin.

Still, McDaniel argued the results amounted to a big win for the GOP.

more
https://justthenews.com/politics-policy/elections/inside-gop-calls-grow-party-chair-resign-wake-midterms
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Inside GOP, calls grow for party chair to resign in wake of midterms
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2022, 03:19:59 pm »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Inside GOP, calls grow for party chair to resign in wake of midterms
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2022, 03:30:16 pm »
Call to resign?

She should slink off into the sunset in mass embarassment.

She is truly the "Bill Buckner" of Party Chairs........

One top 5 chokes in political history

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.