Author Topic: Poll Shows Limited Consensus on the Expected Impact of Climate Change  (Read 213 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Poll Shows Limited Consensus on the Expected Impact of Climate Change

Linnea Lueken
November 9, 2022

A new survey of climate researchers indicates claims of a “97% consensus” that catastrophic human-caused climate change is happening tells only part of the story.

Agree Climate Is Changing

The poll, conducted by Fairleigh Dickinson University and commissioned by The Heartland Institute, surveyed people who hold at least a bachelor’s degree in the academic fields most pertinent to the climate debate, including meteorology, climatology, physics, geology, and hydrology. Ninety-five percent of the respondents fell into the categories of meteorology or climatology, so physicists and geologists, among others, were underrepresented. Only 24 percent of those surveyed had advanced degrees in their respective fields.

The respondents answered questions breaking down the issue into more specific queries. The questions ranged from the expected extent of impacts on people globally due to a changing climate to beliefs about the frequency or pattern of severe weather events.

Unsurprisingly, the poll found 96 percent of those surveyed believed climate change is occurring and, on average, they attribute 75 percent of the change to human activity.

https://heartlanddailynews.com/2022/11/poll-shows-limited-consensus-on-the-expected-impact-of-climate-change/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson