Author Topic: Alec Baldwin files lawsuit for ‘Rust’ shooting, accuses crew of negligence  (Read 472 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Page Six by Nicki Cox 11/11/2022

Alec Baldwin sued the armorer and multiple crew members from “Rust” for negligence after they handed him a loaded gun on set, resulting in the death of the film’s cinematographer, Halyna Hutchins.

The actor went after four crew members —  Hannah Gutierrez-Reed, Dave Halls, Sarah Zachry, and Seth Kenney — for failing to maintain safety on set.

“This tragedy happened because live bullets were delivered to the set and loaded into the gun,” Baldwin’s lawyer, Luke Nikas, wrote in the countersuit, according to multiple outlets.

“Gutierrez-Reed failed to check the bullets or the gun carefully, Halls failed to check the gun carefully and yet announced the gun was safe before handing it to Baldwin, and Zachry failed to disclose that Gutierrez-Reed had been acting recklessly off set and was a safety risk to those around her,” Nikas continued.

More: https://pagesix.com/2022/11/11/alec-baldwin-sues-rust-crew-for-negligence-after-fatal-shooting/

Offline mountaineer

Chutzpah. (Hope I spelled that correctly).
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
My goodness just think of the discovery phases in the crews lawsuit against Angry Ego and Angry Ego's lawsuit against the crew, it may be better entertainment that hat low budget, low talent movie Rust. Baldwin can try and blame the crew for negligence but the bottom line is he didn't check the weapon to insure it was safe, he pointed an unsafe weapon at another person and he cocked the hammer and pulled the trigger. I wonder how he and his attorney's are going to downplay his experience as a producer on set and his responsibility for the actions of the crew on set, also are they going to go with Baldwin didn't know the industry standard safety procedures after all the action movies with guns he's made?  I guess it could go like this "Your honor, ladies and gentlemen of the jury, it is just not possible to find Mr. Baldwin guilty of manslaughter or negligence because let's face it he's an idiot."

Offline DB

This is way late if it had any merit. This is just Baldwin's lawyers crossing all the Ts and dotting all the Is in preparation for possible criminal charges.

It was ultimately his responsibility to check the gun he was holding and fired. It was a real gun that he knew was real and he allowed on his set. It wasn't a prop gun. Allowing a real gun on set was a choice he made and is responsible for. They had used the gun for target practice during their off time.

Offline Idiot

In a way I do feel sorry for Baldwin.  He did not intentionally kill the lady, it was a very stupid accident.  Was he acting recklessly?...without a doubt. I do feel for him though, because he has to live the rest of his life with the guilt that he ended a life because of his stupid mistake.  We've all done stupid things....

I was quail hunting with a friend and my finger was on the trigger, I slightly tripped and the gun went off.  The shotgun barrel was pointed towards the sky, because I'm a very safe hunter, but this scared the crap out of me.  Accidents happen....   
« Last Edit: November 12, 2022, 05:25:44 pm by mrpotatohead »

Offline Hoodat

Chutzpah. (Hope I spelled that correctly).

Oy vey, you did.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline roamer_1

In a way I do feel sorry for Baldwin.  He did not intentionally kill the lady, it was a very stupid accident.  Was he acting recklessly?...without a doubt. I do feel for him though, because he has to live the rest of his life with the guilt that he ended a life because of his stupid mistake.  We've all done stupid things....

I was quail hunting with a friend and my finger was on the trigger, I slightly tripped and the gun went off.  The shotgun barrel was pointed towards the sky, because I'm a very safe hunter, but this scared the crap out of me.  Accidents happen....   

Even so... In the end, the guy with the pistol in his hand is responsible more than anyone else to be sure it is unloaded and safe. Or loaded and treated as such. In the end it can fall on no other.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
This punk-ass sissy-boy sure does have some stones when it comes to dodging responsibility.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!