Author Topic: Rubio calls for delay in Senate GOP leadership elections, in apparent swipe at McConnell  (Read 339 times)

Offline libertybele

Very interesting. I truly don't like Rubio, but for this I applaud him and I hope others jump on board. If Rubio doesn't succeed, I wonder how McConnell will punish him?

Rubio calls for delay in Senate GOP leadership elections, in apparent swipe at McConnell

Sen. Marco Rubio, R-Fla., is calling for Senate Republicans to delay their leadership elections, as more members of the party's conference in the Senate appear to be bucking Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky.

"The Senate GOP leadership vote next week should be postponed," Rubio tweeted Friday. "First we need to make sure that those who want to lead us are genuinely committed to fighting for the priorities & values of the working Americans (of every background) who gave us big wins in states like #Florida."...............

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/rubio-calls-delay-senate-gop-leadership-elections-apparent-swipe-mcconnell
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
McConnel HAS to go.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline libertybele

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

I'm not so sure what to think.  Has Rubio changed or did he get a taste of what McConnell is really like this past election?

Offline Hoodat

McConnel HAS to go.

McConnell would have been gone in 2014 had not some NY real estate mogul stepped up and stroked him a fat check to save him from being primaried.  Many here have been pointing this out for eight years now.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline libertybele

...hmm... ok.... I have the feeling that Marco is going to run in '24.  He's pandering to the conservative base for the votes that he didn't get even to win his own state.  Just my opinion.  However, once a RINO always a RINO.  I don't trust him, nor do I think he could win the nomination. Not a chance.

Sen. Rubio: 'A New Republican Party' Is One That Fights for 'Working Class Values'

Sen. Marco Rubio, one of the Republicans who easily won re-election in bright red Florida, was asked Thursday night what lessons can be learned from Florida's Republican domination.

Rubio described the "old Republican Party" as one that "probably can win some elections from time to time in a few places if the conditions are right."

"A new Republican party can compete among anyone anywhere," Rubio told Fox News's Laura Ingraham:

"The new Republican Party is a party that should be grounded in common sense and wisdom. It should be fighting for working class values, it should be putting the interests of Americans first.

"The best thing I said this election night, the best thing we can do for the world is make America as strong as possible. That's the best thing we can do for the world. And unfortunately we have many people in both parties, particularly the Democratic Party, that are constantly telling us that before we care about Americans, we have to take care of people that want to come here illegally, we have to care about what deal they're going to cut at the U.N. Climate scam.............

https://www.cnsnews.com/article/washington/susan-jones/sen-rubio-new-republican-party-one-fights-working-class-values

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
McConnell would have been gone in 2014 had not some NY real estate mogul stepped up and stroked him a fat check to save him from being primaried.  Many here have been pointing this out for eight years now.

@Hoodat

Not only that,but he is also rude!

The FIEND!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!