Author Topic: UN gives platform to convicted fraudster lobbying for African gas  (Read 194 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
UN gives platform to convicted fraudster lobbying for African gas
Published on 09/11/2022, 7:00am
Cameroonian lawyer NJ Ayuk is leading the UN-backed Team Energy Africa, despite a criminal record and alleged involvement in money laundering

By Chloé Farand

An oil and gas lobbyist and convicted fraudster has teamed up with the UN to mobilise private sector investment in energy development across Africa – including, controversially, fossil gas.

Njock Ayuk Eyong, better known as NJ Ayuk, is chairman of the African Energy Chamber, a trade group that connects oil and gas executives with government officials.

The Cameroon-born lawyer describes himself on his website as “an internationally-acclaimed thought leader, lawyer, thinker, speaker and entrepreneur, who advises major companies on corporate strategies with a focus on investing in Africa’s future”.

Behind Ayuk’s slick appearance and gushing marketing prospectus is a murkier past.

https://www.climatechangenews.com/2022/11/09/un-gives-platform-to-convicted-fraudster-lobbying-for-african-gas/
« Last Edit: November 11, 2022, 06:03:45 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson