Author Topic: Chip Roy criticizes McCarthy and McConnell, urges GOP to take page out of DeSantis playbook  (Read 427 times)

Offline corbe

Chip Roy criticizes McCarthy and McConnell, urges GOP to take page out of DeSantis playbook

by Virginia Aabram, Congressional Reporter
November 11, 2022 06:00 AM

Rep. Chip Roy (R-TX) took shots at Republican leadership in Congress on Friday and urged the party to model itself after Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis's "unapologetic" approach to governance.

Roy, in an op-ed for the Washington Examiner, faulted House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) and Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) for the "unforced errors" he says led to a tepid showing in the midterm elections. While Republicans are projected to secure enough seats for a majority in the House, an expected "red wave" did not materialize on Tuesday night.

"We have to fight for something," Roy wrote. "Doing so requires a willingness to take on real political risk to fight for the American people. It requires taking the kind of political risk Gov. Ron DeSantis has unapologetically taken in Florida — a key to why he crushed his Democratic competition."

<..snip..>

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/house/chip-roy-says-copy-desantis-midterm-strategy
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline corbe

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline EdinVA

The GOP needs to stop worrying about offending the left and start giving the right something to vote for...

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Paging Mr. Chao!

Leadership is not a title. It's an action
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"A nation can survive its fools and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and he carries his banners openly against the city. But the traitor moves among those within the gates freely, his sly whispers rustling through all alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears no traitor; he speaks in the accents familiar to his victim, and he wears their face and their garments and he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation; he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of a city; he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to be feared. The traitor is the plague."
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Hoodat

Are you people seriously suggesting that our GOP leaders do actual work and govern like Conservatives?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-