Author Topic: Toomey Blames Trump for Lost PA Senate Seat – ‘Had to Insert Himself’ with Ultra-MAGA Candidate  (Read 589 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Toomey Blames Trump for Lost PA Senate Seat – ‘Had to Insert Himself’ with Ultra-MAGA Candidate

Pam Key 10 Nov 2022

Outgoing Sen. Pat Toomey (R-PA) said Thursday on CNN’s “Situation Room” that it is former President Donald Trump’s fault Republican Mehmet Oz lost the Pennsylvania Senate seat to Democrat John Fetterman.

Toomey said, “I think Dr. oz ran a very good campaign. I actually think he was a very good candidate in a lot of ways. So the question that I think arises is why did a good candidate running a good race in what should be a very good environment not prevail in a state like Pennsylvania, which is very, very competitive, always close, or almost always close? And I think a big part of the reason was that at the top of the ticket in the gubernatorial race, we had an ultra-MAGA candidate who never appeared to even attempt to expand beyond a hardcore base that was very, very committed to him. But he ended up losing in an epic beatdown. And it’s very, very hard for candidates who are down ballot. So our gubernatorial Republican lost by like 14 points. Dr. Oz kept his race to within three. It’s really hard when that’s what’s happening. By the way, we had three House seats that I thought we had a very good chance of picking up in Pennsylvania. We lost all three of those. Again, I think it was a combination of a real problem at the top of the ticket but also President Trump inserting himself into the race. He came to Pennsylvania, you know, late. I think it was the Saturday before the election.”

He added, “We were in a cycle, we were at a time when it’s good for Republicans for the race to be about President Biden, who is not popular, whose policies have failed, and instead President Trump had to insert himself, and that changed the nature of the race, and that created just too much of an obstacle. By the way, it’s not just Pennsylvania. All over the country, there’s a very high correlation between MAGA candidates and big losses.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/11/10/toomey-blames-trump-for-lost-pa-senate-seat-had-to-insert-himself-with-ultra-maga-candidate/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
How much did Mr. Chao spend on that race?
The Republic is lost.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I read that (so far) trump backed candidates won 93% of their races. How did that hurt, overall.

I think the media (Dems) are so damned scared of Trump, they are seeking to turn his supporters against him.

The DeSantis squabble is not helping, but it reminds me of Trump vs Cruz, and that was why I didn't vote for Trump the first time.

It's uncalled for.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline art.prout

I read that (so far) trump backed candidates won 93% of their races. How did that hurt, overall.

I think the media (Dems) are so damned scared of Trump, they are seeking to turn his supporters against him.

The DeSantis squabble is not helping, but it reminds me of Trump vs Cruz, and that was why I didn't vote for Trump the first time.

It's uncalled for.

You sure got that right.  But it isn't just the "media (Dems)," a large portion of the gopE is right there with them. 

It is clear as a bell, a manufactured narrative being pushed.  It is too bad that Trump is allowing them to get the best of him by crazily reacting to all of this crap.  (If he needs to lash out, there are better targets than Governor DeSantis.)

Online LMAO

It's uncalled for.

I agree with you that it’s not fair to say that the sole reason why Republicans didn’t get their red wave was Donald Trump. That is probably an exaggeration. But we can’t ingnord the fact that Donald Trump does carry a lot of high negatives, especially with independent voters. We got lucky in 2016 that Hillary Clinton’s negatives were higher and she had an open contempt for average people. People are acting as if Republicans were thrown out of office throughout the land but they’re on track to take the House and maybe, with a little luck, the Senate.

I think the best thing for Donald Trump to do right now is admit that he’s probably not what the American people are looking for and if he wants to stay in politics, work behind the scenes. His ego and his jealousy is going to destroy him. It seems that he goes after other Republicans with more enthusiasm than he did with Chuck Schumer and Nancy Pelosi.

Trump does not react appropriately to any kinds or criticism of attack. He makes it personal. And, even though his most unquestioning of supporters think his behaviors are great, yes, the American public do expect their presidents to act “presidential.”  That meltdown over Ron DeSantis getting the spotlight over him will just reaffirm to average voters why not to put him in the White House

I still stick with my prediction that the next Republican nominee and president will be a Republican governor.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2022, 12:08:51 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline EdinVA

I agree with you that it’s not fair to say that the sole reason why Republicans didn’t get their red wave was Donald Trump. That is probably an exaggeration. But we can’t ingnord the fact that Donald Trump does carry a lot of high negatives, especially with independent voters. We got lucky in 2016 that Hillary Clinton’s negatives were higher and she had an open contempt for average people. People are acting as if Republicans were thrown out of office throughout the land but they’re on track to take the House and maybe, with a little luck, the Senate.

I think the best thing for Donald Trump to do right now is admit that he’s probably not what the American people are looking for and if he wants to stay in politics, work behind the scenes. His ego and his jealousy is going to destroy him. It seems that he goes after other Republicans with more enthusiasm than he did with Chuck Schumer and Nancy Pelosi.

Trump does not react appropriately to any kinds or criticism of attack. He makes it personal. And, even though his most unquestioning of supporters think his behaviors are great, yes, the American public do expect their presidents to act “presidential.”  That meltdown over Ron DeSantis getting the spotlight over him will just reaffirm to average voters why not to put him in the White House

I still stick with my prediction that the next Republican nominee and president will be a Republican governor.

Is it just possible that all attacks/criticism on Trump have been personal?  Don't remember anyone criticizing Trump over policy...

Online LMAO

Is it just possible that all attacks/criticism on Trump have been personal?  Don't remember anyone criticizing Trump over policy...

I agree with you. There’s a lot to be critical of Donald Trump over but some of these attacks against him were way overboard, also. I have relatives that, even when shown the facts, believe that Donald Trump called those neo-Nazis “very fine people.”  And the media, that is supposed to be a neutral observer, also piled on

On this site, the biggest criticism I’ve seen when it comes to Donald Trump is adding to an already unsustainable debt. And Biden seems bound and determined to continue that trend
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline EdinVA

I agree with you. There’s a lot to be critical of Donald Trump over but some of these attacks against him were way overboard, also. I have relatives that, even when shown the facts, believe that Donald Trump called those neo-Nazis “very fine people.”  And the media, that is supposed to be a neutral observer, also piled on

On this site, the biggest criticism I’ve seen when it comes to Donald Trump is adding to an already unsustainable debt. And Biden seems bound and determined to continue that trend

Trump shut the government down 3 times trying to get pelosi and schumer to bring their budget request in line, once for over 30 days, and they they refused.... but it is all on Trump???
Funny how that blame game is played... last one that touches it is guilty.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Trump shut the government down 3 times trying to get pelosi and schumer to bring their budget request in line, once for over 30 days, and they they refused.... but it is all on Trump???
Funny how that blame game is played... last one that touches it is guilty.

Only if the last one is Trump.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Did Toomey campaign with or on behalf of Oz?

Offline Hoodat

Clearly, 'I may be from New Jersey, but at least I don't have brain damage' turned out not to be a winning strategy.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-