Author Topic: Are Republican Voters Done With Trump?  (Read 1064 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Are Republican Voters Done With Trump?
« on: November 11, 2022, 11:31:40 pm »
Are Republican Voters Done With Trump?
By Brandon Morse | 5:31 PM on November 11, 2022

It’s a question worth asking.

Donald Trump’s popularity has definitely taken a hit after the midterms thanks to a lackluster return on candidates he endorsed. His subsequent attacks on Ron DeSantis and Glenn Youngkin didn’t help either, but does that mean the GOP is done with him?

Let’s look at some facts and arguments for and against.

Be sure to like the video and subscribe!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bl8zyv4O63M&ab_channel=RedState

https://redstate.com/brandon_morse/2022/11/11/auto-draft-3-n657782
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Lando Lincoln

Re: Are Republican Voters Done With Trump?
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2022, 11:49:21 pm »
I think it is fair to ask if DJT is done with Republican voters. His apparently unprovoked internecine sniping at two popular Republican governors is alienating swaths of his needed base. Why?
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Online Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2022, 11:57:00 pm »
I think it is fair to ask if DJT is done with Republican voters. His apparently unprovoked internecine sniping at two popular Republican governors is alienating swaths of his needed base. Why?
I think that Trump is simply trying to take DeSantis and Youngkin out pre-emptively with his snide comments, reminiscent of 2016, and deter them and anyone else in the Republican Party from running against him in the primaries in 2024, to ensure his coronation.  Trump is not very complicated and, despite popular belief among his most zealous supporters, is incapable of playing 3-D chess, or even checkers.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2022, 12:21:39 am »

Why is he going after them right after the mid terms??  You are correct, certainly he realizes their popularity.  As someone who has profoundly preached patriotism and MAGA, he  is acting in opposition by taunting two popular conservative governors which is troubling.

What he is doing truly makes no sense other than he's so threatened by their success he's acting act. 

Trump hasn't even announced he's running and maybe he knows that his odds of being the nominee just got a lot lower.  He's no longer in the limelight unless he continues doing rallies. Whereas DeSantis and Youngkin will continue to be in the news; be it for their accomplishments and going up against the status quo.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2022, 06:52:17 am »
Trump is self destructing, and his negative rhetoric may just well spur DeSantis to challenge Trump.  I believe DeSantis will kick his butt.  People are tired of Trump's obnoxious, caustic temperment to everyone in his path.  His comments on DeSantis were the end of his political career.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2022, 07:25:13 am »
Trump is self destructing, and his negative rhetoric may just well spur DeSantis to challenge Trump.  I believe DeSantis will kick his butt.

Trump won't get the backing of the GOP Establishment that he got in 2016.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2022, 09:14:39 am »
Trump won't get the backing of the GOP Establishment that he got in 2016.

Another reason to respect and trust him.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2022, 09:22:28 am »
Trump is self destructing, and his negative rhetoric may just well spur DeSantis to challenge Trump.  I believe DeSantis will kick his butt.  People are tired of Trump's obnoxious, caustic temperament to everyone in his path.  His comments on DeSantis were the end of his political career.
"

I tire of every GOP candidate having to kiss Trumps ... errr... Ring. It is like they feel they have to do some sorta ritual dance to get elected... I want campaigns on issues, not how much more Mega they are over their opponents. This populism game instead hanging your hat on conservative (and Christian) values (the rock and it include more than just a balance budget...).
« Last Edit: November 12, 2022, 09:23:53 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online roamer_1

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2022, 11:16:56 am »
"

I tire of every GOP candidate having to kiss Trumps ... errr... Ring. It is like they feel they have to do some sorta ritual dance to get elected... I want campaigns on issues, not how much more Mega they are over their opponents. This populism game instead hanging your hat on conservative (and Christian) values (the rock and it include more than just a balance budget...).

That's right.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2022, 03:56:49 pm »
Another reason to respect and trust him.

Joe Biden doesn't get the backing of the GOP Establishment either.  Is that a reason to respect and trust him?

Logic definitely is not your strong suit.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2022, 04:35:01 pm »
I think that Trump is simply trying to take DeSantis and Youngkin out pre-emptively with his snide comments, reminiscent of 2016, and deter them and anyone else in the Republican Party from running against him in the primaries in 2024, to ensure his coronation.  Trump is not very complicated and, despite popular belief among his most zealous supporters, is incapable of playing 3-D chess, or even checkers.

I truly think Trump believes he is entitled the '24 nomination, and thinks he doesn't have to earn it.

Slapping the likes of Youngkin and DeSantis this early in the process is going to backfire (IMO)
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2022, 04:55:31 pm »
Republicans swallowing the bait in trending media about President Trump should consider what’s happening here.  Attacks on Trump (by the usual suspects), are really attacks on the message, Make America Great Again.  They hate that idea, and Trump—as flawed as he is, is the guy who brought that idea back on the table in a big way.  It’s now part of our national conversation, whereas before Trump it was just a fond memory of the Reagan years.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2022, 04:57:11 pm by aligncare »

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2022, 04:58:04 pm »

I agree with this. Torch his competition now and hope for a return of voters once he is last man standing. Simple.
John Steinbeck

Online roamer_1

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2022, 04:59:05 pm »
Republicans swallowing the bait in trending media about President Trump should consider what’s happening here.  Attacks on Trump (by the usual suspects), are really attacks on the message, Make America Great Again.  They hate that idea, and Trump—as flawed as he is, is the guy who brought that idea back on the table in a big way.  It’s now part of our national conversation, whereas before Trump it was just a fond memory of the Reagan years.

A stolen slogan does not a Reagan make.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2022, 05:00:41 pm »

I'll agree with every word of that @aligncare but none of that excuses his unnecessary and unhelpful behavior of late.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2022, 05:05:53 pm »
Who thinks DJT will wait until after the Georgia runoff to announce his candidacy?

I don’t.
John Steinbeck

Online Hoodat

« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2022, 05:24:43 pm »
Attacks on Trump (by the usual suspects), are really attacks on the message, Make America Great Again.  They hate that idea, and Trump—as flawed as he is, is the guy who brought that idea back on the table in a big way.

Amassing almost $7 trillion in new debt in only four years is not making America great again.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2022, 05:26:07 pm »
Who thinks DJT will wait until after the Georgia runoff to announce his candidacy?

That would depend on whether or not Trump cares if Democrats control the Senate.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2022, 11:43:57 pm »
Voters in general are done with Trump
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2022, 12:12:18 am »
Voters in general are done with Trump

Anyone with half a brain is done with Trump. He is last years news. He is so 2016.  His legacy will be, Would have, Could have, Should have STFU.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online cato potatoe

« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2022, 01:00:38 am »
Why is he going after them right after the mid terms??  You are correct, certainly he realizes their popularity.

The last thing the GOP needs is an 18 month primary with Donald Trump bashing conservatives and promoting BS from QAnon and the National Enquirer. 

Online cato potatoe

« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2022, 01:02:25 am »
I tire of every GOP candidate having to kiss Trumps ... errr... Ring. It is like they feel they have to do some sorta ritual dance to get elected.

Indeed, and it has driven many potential first tier candidates away. 

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2022, 01:08:17 am »
The last thing the GOP needs is an 18 month primary with Donald Trump bashing conservatives and promoting BS from QAnon and the National Enquirer.

If Trump has a thumb left on his cold dead hand.....bet on it happening. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2022, 01:10:57 am »

Absolutely true. That woul only prove to divide the party even further with the possibility of Trump destroying some good candidates along the way. We definitely don't need another repeat of '16 election.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.