Author Topic: Colorado, as we knew you, goodbye  (Read 130 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Colorado, as we knew you, goodbye
« on: November 11, 2022, 02:20:00 pm »
November 11, 2022
Colorado, as we knew you, goodbye
By C.S. Boddie

The 2022 midterm election results for Colorado say that the state as it was is no more.  Colorado went even bluer this election, and it will not be coming back.

"The idea that somehow Colorado is still purplish or has a red streak to it, no, I don't see it at all," said  Jon Caldara of the Independence Institute on IITV's Devil's Advocate show.  "All of that was absolutely mind-boggling, but what really got me was in the state Legislature."

Caldara interviewed Marianne Goodland, Colorado legislative reporter for Colorado Politics.  She said, "This is going to be a far more progressive Legislature than we've seen in some time."

Looking at the election overall, Caldara said that nobody saw this coming, that redistricting was thought only to help Republicans.  Senate seats were thought to be more competitive for Republicans because of redistricting, but that turned out not to be the case.

The abortion issue, though moot for a state that allows abortion by law in all nine months of pregnancy, was an issue, according to Goodland.  The Dobbs decision drove people to register to vote, and actually vote, probably.  "I think it had a more significant role than most people are willing to acknowledge. ... I think the messaging on abortion was effective."

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2022/11/colorado_as_we_knew_you_goodbye.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Re: Colorado, as we knew you, goodbye
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2022, 02:23:31 pm »
BS on the abortion issue. And the youth don't vote enough to affect any but the very tightest races.

Tired of the media projection on this.
The Republic is lost.