Author Topic: Not 2016 anymore: Six reasons Trump can't do to DeSantis what he did to Jeb Bush  (Read 719 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Not 2016 anymore: Six reasons Trump can't do to DeSantis what he did to Jeb Bush
by W. James Antle III, Politics Editor |
November 11, 2022 06:48 AM

Former President Donald Trump launched his political career by steamrolling a once-popular Republican governor of Florida in the GOP primaries, assigning him a nickname and embarrassing him in debates.

Apparently on the verge of relaunching his political career early next week, Trump appears to be hoping lightning strikes twice. After a brief preelection armistice, Trump has resumed his attacks on the “average” Republican governor he clearly views as his main rival for the 2024 GOP presidential nomination.

But there are several reasons to believe what worked against Jeb Bush could fail against Ron DeSantis.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/campaigns/six-reasons-trump-desantis-jeb-bush
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Trump is finished.  His comments against DeSantis reflect his total fear of a top notch politician.  DeSantis will bury Trump should he decide to run.

Trump is making the same foolish mistake that Obama did at the Press dinner where he ridiculed Trump.  Trump left there saying just watch what I do you schmuck.  DeSantis might just do the same.  I will not even have to think about it.  Trump's negative rhetoric against DeSantis soured me on him forever.  I would vote for DeSantis over Trump in a nanosecond. 

Trump's banter has wearied just about everyone at this point.  He runs, he will lose.  Plus, despite all that has happened in the nearly two recent years, half of America voted for the Democommies.

Nothing makes sense other than fixed elections. 

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Six reasons Trump can't do to DeSantis what he did to Jeb Bush

So what?  He's not running against Jeb!.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Jebbie didn't take much "doing", IMHO, he was a non-starter from the git-go, at least with voters, whether the GOPe wanted him or not.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Hoodat

So what?  He's not running against Jeb!.

Who is he running against?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
He probable can do what he did against Jeb, the press certainly will cover for Trump because they would rather have him running for office (helps their candidate) than someone that could get things done. The MSM will push Trump just like they did against Cruz...
« Last Edit: November 12, 2022, 08:57:03 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
Who is he running against?

Unless I missed something, NOBODY is running yet. Which makes The Donald’s latest spewing rather tedious.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Jebbie didn't take much "doing", IMHO, he was a non-starter from the git-go, at least with voters, whether the GOPe wanted him or not.
Yeah, I pretty much thought Jebbers torpedoed himself without any assistance from anyone.

Offline GtHawk

Unless I missed something, NOBODY is running yet. Which makes The Donald’s latest spewing rather tedious.
Maybe he's running against himself, and the more bile he pumps out the more he will lose former voters. Oh everyone that voted for him will still appreciate what he did but they are quickly getting tired of the petulant child attacking his playmates because he thinks they might take his toy. The one thing above all that has griped me with Trump is that he just does not know when to shut up and ends up with both feet jammed down his throat giving the advantage that would have been his/ours right back to the democrats.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Good to  see the anti-Trumpers coming out from behind their mama's skirts to support a scum-sucking Bush traitor.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline LMAO

Good to  see the anti-Trumpers coming out from behind their mama's skirts to support a scum-sucking Bush traitor.

Could you point out the people here who are supporting another Bush run?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline GtHawk

C'mon Man! When Trump is right he gets praise and when he cocks it up he gets called on it. Trump isn't a god and he isn't right all the time, just because someone rightly points out his errors doesn't make them anti, never or Trump haters. I was bothered back when people were posting images of Trump godlike or saint like, It was just like the democrats and the way they treated Kennedy, Obama and now laughingly Biden. I will never give blind loyalty to any man or woman, be it actor, singer sports star or POLITICIAN...any politician. So if criticism of your chosen one means I am called something I'm not? Well hell I've been ignoring crap people have called me all my life, I'm damn well not changing at this late date. I'm curious have you insulting people ever gotten to come around to you view point because I'm guessing the answer is a big fat no.

As I and others have said before there is a lot to like about Trump but the man's ego just won't allow him to close his mouth and not make situations worse when silence would be his best options, you know the whole high road bit when appropriate.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.