Author Topic: Trump to hold ‘special announcement’ at Mar-a-Lago amid GOP pushback on 2024 bid  (Read 349 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Trump to hold ‘special announcement’ at Mar-a-Lago amid GOP pushback on 2024 bid
by Julia Shapero - 11/10/22 10:18 PM ET

Former President Trump unveiled new details about his “special announcement” at Mar-a-Lago next week, which is widely expected to launch his 2024 presidential campaign, even as the former president faces pushback from within the Republican Party.

Trump confirmed that he will be holding a “special announcement” at Mar-a-Lago on Nov. 15 in a press release on Thursday night.

The former president teased a potential campaign announcement at several rallies in the final weeks of the midterm elections. However, he homed in on the Nov. 15 date on Monday, telling a cheering crowd at an Ohio rally that he was “going to be making a very big announcement.”

Despite the GOP’s lackluster performance in Tuesday’s midterm elections, Trump appears largely unfazed. The former president told Fox News on Wednesday that Republicans had “tremendous success” in the midterms and suggested he did not plan to move his announcement.

However, Trump has faced pushback from his own party over the expected campaign announcement. Several members of the GOP have suggested that it would be unwise to announce next week and take attention away from the Georgia runoff race.

more
https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/3730466-trump-to-hold-special-announcement-at-mar-a-lago-amid-gop-pushback-on-2024-bid/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Hoodat

<sigh>
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online cato potatoe

Congrats to Sen. Warnock.  I doubt Youngkin or DeSantis want to get involved in helping Walker if Trump is going to stamp his feet.

Online LMAO

Congrats to Sen. Warnock.  I doubt Youngkin or DeSantis want to get involved in helping Walker if Trump is going to stamp his feet.

I’m not going to  fault Donald Trump for insisting on trying to campaign for and help Herschel Walker.

Walker campaigned for him in 2020 and spoke at the Republican convention on his behalf so I think there’s that sense of loyalty. The downside is it’s gonna cost us a Senate seat for sure
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy