Author Topic: Dow scores 1,200-point gain as stocks log biggest one-day advance since 2020 on signs inflation is s  (Read 678 times)

Offline libertybele

Dow scores 1,200-point gain as stocks log biggest one-day advance since 2020 on signs inflation is softening

U.S. stocks finished sharply higher on Thursday, logging their biggest single-session rally in more than two years as the Dow soared more than 1,200 points on data suggesting inflation may be peaking.

When looking at stock performance on CPI data days, both the S&P 500 and Nasdaq clinched their biggest daily gains in the history of the data series.

Falling Treasury yields and a softer dollar, driven by expectations that the Federal Reserve might opt for a smaller interest-rate hike in December, also helped to boost stocks, market analysts said. ..............

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/u-s-stock-futures-steady-after-sell-off-as-crucial-inflation-data-looms-11668074074?mod=home-page
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I am at the point where if my my 401K goes back up I really dont GAF anymore.  It is survival of the fittest.  I don't want to be homeless or have to live in my sons basement/
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
Market knew at exit polls that House would go GOP.

That 1200 pt. gain is a semi-collective market breath of relief that pedo Joe's disasterous policies are at least get some legislative road blocks.

Overall popular vote broke 51-46 to the GOP.  It's a crazy anomaly that the dims got this close to retaining the house,,
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline mountaineer

Where are the signs inflation is softening? Not at the gas station or the grocery store, that's for sure.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
Where are the signs inflation is softening? Not at the gas station or the grocery store, that's for sure.

Pedo Joe's band of economic idiiots are getting a ton of mileage from smoke and mirrors.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I am at the point where if my my 401K goes back up I really dont GAF anymore.  It is survival of the fittest.  I don't want to be homeless or have to live in my sons basement/

Let me say again.   
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.