Author Topic: Biden vows to work with Republicans who have 'good' ideas, but not on some issues  (Read 141 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
November 10, 2022 5:04pm EST
Biden vows to work with Republicans who have 'good' ideas, but not on some issues
Biden was speaking at a Democratic National Committee event in Washington, D.C.

By Adam Sabes | Fox News

President Biden vowed Thursday to work with Republicans who have "good" ideas, but listed several issues that he considers non-negotiable.

Biden made the comments during a Democratic National Committee event in Washington, D.C., following Tuesday's midterm elections, which he says fared well for Democrats.

The president said that while he's prepared to work with Republicans, he also added that the American people want Republicans to work with him.

"Regardless of what the final tally showed, I'm prepared to work with Republicans, but the American people have made it clear they expect Republicans to work with me as well," Biden said. "And folks, I'll always be open to any good ideas, whether it's Democrat or Republican, to move the country forward."

The comments came as the balance of power in Congress remained undecided.

But Biden said there are several issues on which he's not willing to compromise with Republicans.

"I've also made it really clear that if Republicans try to repeal the power we just gave Medicare to reduce prescription drug costs, I will veto it. I will not let that happen. If Republicans try to walk away from the historic commitment we just made to deal with the climate crisis, I will not let that happen," he said.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-vows-work-republicans-have-good-ideas-but-not-some-issues
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Please Dear God let the Repubs win the House...I want to see this man embarrassed and humiliated with all the Hunter hearings... :0001:

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34