Author Topic: African Reporter Simon Ateba Slams White House For ‘Rigged’ Election Press Conference  (Read 407 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
African Reporter Simon Ateba Slams White House For ‘Rigged’ Election Press Conference

Brianna Lyman
News and Commentary Writer
November 10, 2022 10:50 AM ET

Today News Africa’s Chief White House Correspondent Simon Ateba ripped President Joe Biden in a Thursday op-ed for holding a “rigged” press briefing.

During the president’s first post-election press conference, Biden said he was “given a list of 10 people” he was “supposed to call on.”

“And you’re all supposed to ask me one question, but I’m sure you’ll ask me more,” Biden continued.

In response, Ateba slammed Biden for the lack of transparency.

“Many things at the White House are rigged, especially press briefings or press conferences,” Ateba wrote. “Questions are often sent in advance by the same set of reporters who get called on all the time. The President or the Press Secretary then reads prepared answers from a binder or a notebook with talking points.”

Ateba says while it may “appear normal” on the outside, “it’s a show, a sham.”

Ateba further wrote that the White House is more concerned with appearing transparent and promoting free press rather than actually being free and open. He also noticed the lack of diversity in the briefing room.

“When I first arrived in the United States, having watched CNN for year, I came to believe that the racists and the bad guys in the United States were the Republicans, the old white guys with no college degrees who live in the Midwest. But in the Biden White House, as I have struggled to get access, to ask questions, to be treated with the same dignity as others, I came to realize that the Republicans were not the racists and the horrible, awful people I was told they were.”

https://dailycaller.com/2022/11/10/african-reporter-simon-ate-a-joe-biden-press-conference-rigged/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Hoodat

Even people from third world countries get it.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online mountaineer

The demented old fool has enough trouble when staff-written responses to pre-approved questions are right in front of him in a binder or on a teleprompter. When he attempts an off-the-cuff answer to a question, it usually is a "You're a damn fool, c'mon, man" moment.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org