Author Topic: Florida bracing for new influx of residents fleeing blue states after Dems’ election success  (Read 390 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Florida bracing for new influx of residents fleeing blue states — including NY — after Dems’ election success
By Selim Algar   
November 9, 2022 6:56pm

The Sunshine State is preparing for a different sort of blue wave.

Continuing years of scorching population growth, Florida is bracing for a fresh batch of disgruntled citizens fed up with spiraling crime and high taxes to move in from Democratic strongholds.

Figures obtained by The Post show that through August, a record 41,885 New Yorkers already swapped their licenses for the Florida version, a commonly used indicator of demographic trends. That figure was 21,277 for California, 16,970 for Pennsylvania and 16,846 for Illinois.

Sunshine State observers said after Tuesday saw Democratic leaders re-elected or voted in — coupled with Gov. Ron DeSantis’s landslide entrenchment — they expect the exodus to Florida will continue.

“People are leaving these states for a lot of different reasons,” said Laura Gambino of Global Real Estate Advisors in Palm Beach.

“Crime, quality of life, taxes. I think with the elections going the way they did, the trend is going to continue.

more
https://nypost.com/2022/11/09/florida-bracing-for-new-influx-of-residents-fleeing-blue-states-after-democrats-election-success/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Sorry. We are closed!   Go Away.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
It's Republicans that are leaving blue states making those states bluer and the red states they are moving to redder. It's NOT going to end well!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien