Author Topic: Randall’s for All: Officials address Senegalese migrants in growing housing conversation  (Read 146 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Randall’s for All: Officials address Senegalese migrants in growing housing conversation

by TANDY LAU Amsterdam News Staff, Report for America Corps Member
November 10, 2022

On Thursday, Mayor Eric Adams confirmed reports of Senegalese migrants moving into the controversial pilot ​​Humanitarian Emergency Response and Relief Center (HERRC) built on Randall’s Island in response to southern border officials bussing asylum seekers to New York City.

“What happened was that we’re using the HERRCs to all asylum seekers and migrants, no matter where they’re coming from,” said Adams. “We’re using the HERRCs to do the process as we continue with the appropriate measures, making sure we give the housing that’s needed.

“And this was brought to our attention, some of the imams reached out to us and stated that some asylum seekers and migrants were living in terrible conditions, and we responded accordingly. So no matter who the asylum seeker is or the migrant may be, we are going to follow the same process

https://amsterdamnews.com/news/2022/11/10/randalls-for-all-officials-address-senegalese-migrants-in-growing-housing-conversation/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson