Author Topic: Consumer Prices Rose 7.7% in October, Core Inflation Eases  (Read 376 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Consumer Prices Rose 7.7% in October, Core Inflation Eases
« on: November 10, 2022, 02:09:20 pm »
Consumer Prices Rose 7.7% in October, Core Inflation Eases

John Carney 10 Nov 2022

Consumer prices continued to climb in October as the pace of overall inflation held at the level hit a month earlier and underlying inflation excluding food and fuel slowed.

The Labor Department’s consumer price index rose by 0.4 percent compared with a month earlier. Compared with 12 months ago, the CPI is up 7.7 percent.

Core consumer prices, a key measure of inflation that excludes food and energy, rose 0.3 percent compared with September and are up 6.3 percent from a year earlier.

Economists had expected a 0.7 percent month-to-month rise in CPI. Prices were expected to be up 7.9 percent compared with a year ago. Core prices were seen as rising 0.5 percent for the month and 6.6 percent for the year.

Inflation cooled dramatically in July, with the CPI unchanged compared with June its smallest increase since 2020. This prompted many to declare that inflation had peaked and inspired hopes that the rapid price increases that have beset the economy since last year might be in the rearview mirror. Inflation accelerated in August and September, however, dashing those hopes. In September, the CPI was up 0.4 percent for the month and 8.2 percent compared with a year earlier.

Core prices were up 0.6 percent in September from August and 6.6 percent year over year. So the pace of core inflation decelerated in October.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/economy/2022/11/10/consumer-prices-up-7-7-in-october/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
Re: Consumer Prices Rose 7.7% in October, Core Inflation Eases
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2022, 07:54:26 pm »
DOW is up a 1000, "celebrating" 7.7% inflation.

I am living in bizarro world.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2022, 08:22:42 pm »
Sure they say 7.7% now, say.  I wonder what will happen in a month as people shop for those Christmas - sorry don't want to upset the Feeb observers- holiday gifts, roasts, turkeys that are in short supply so inflated prices(that nasty supply and demand thing that dems don't understand). Also who believes that the fuel prices that conveniently came down just in time for the election aren't going to start climbing again real real soon.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2022, 08:35:24 pm »
DOW is up a 1000, "celebrating" 7.7% inflation.

I am living in bizarro world.

Inflation affects stock prices, too.  More dollars chasing fewer goods.  Price of eggs goes up?  So does the price of IBM shares.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2022, 08:36:19 pm »
Inflation affects stock prices, too.  More dollars chasing fewer goods.  Price of eggs goes up?  So does the price of IBM shares.

It could very well be too much loose cash chasing yield.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2022, 09:02:20 pm »

Except for the fact it as a forebearer of a recessionary economy. There is a 100% chance  that eroding buying power is going to eventually reduce demand and volume. That in turn will adversely impact earning, and thusly dividends and returns.

In normal times, this data plus electoral approval of Biden's mismanagement should be sinking this market.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.