Author Topic: Goodbye, Donald  (Read 2713 times)

Online rustynail

Re: Goodbye, Donald
« Reply #50 on: November 10, 2022, 11:51:29 pm »
Lauren Boebert Wins Colorado CD-03, Also Arizona and Nevada Solid GOP Wins – Delays are Media Anti-Trump Narrative Engineering Efforts

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/blog/2022/11/10/lauren-boebert-wins-colorado-cd-03-also-arizona-and-nevada-solid-gop-wins-delays-are-media-anti-trump-narrative-engineering-efforts/

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #51 on: November 11, 2022, 12:00:58 am »
Tracy Beanz
@tracybeanz
·1h

The fact that every “pundit” is on TV proclaiming how terrible we did this midterm is not an accident. Stay positive and turn off your TV. The media and their talking heads have made propagandizing you their first line of attack. Don’t fall for it.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #52 on: November 11, 2022, 12:04:02 am »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #53 on: November 11, 2022, 12:04:26 am »
Powerline 11/10/2022

A consensus is emerging among Republicans that it is time for Donald Trump to get off the stage and stop damaging his party and his country. It is reflected in tomorrow’s New York Post cover:

In the same paper, John Podhoretz, never a Trump fan, writes: “Here’s how Donald Trump sabotaged the Republican midterms.” Trump’s record is bleak.

Liberal fundraisers actually put money behind Trump-endorsed candidates in GOP primaries all over the place to help them prevail so that Democrats could face them in the general election. It was transparently cynical and an abuse of our political process. But it worked like gangbusters.

As Kevin Robillard of the Huffington Post noted on Wednesday afternoon, when a Michigan Democrat named Hilary Scholten was finally declared the winner of her House seat against a raving lunatic named John Gibbs: “With this race call, every single Republican who won their primary with help from Democratic meddling has lost in the general election.”

More: https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2022/11/goodbye-donald.php
Trump was a wonderful President and served our country well.  Now it's time for him to step aside quietly.  I seriously doubt he'll go quietly, but here's hoping. 

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #54 on: November 11, 2022, 12:53:32 am »
Right leaning media spins everything too. None of it can be trusted, from either side, and truth lies dead in the street.
Verify all sources. As best you can.

At least know where the author is coming from.

But I fear that we live in a country dominated in the press by soybois and radicalized idiots on one side, and do-nothing kleptocrats on the other. It is not a good recipe for an enduring Republic.

Unfortunately, and I may not live to see it, the question is one of what will rise from the ashes, because I can see no peaceful solution at this point, and none in which any semblance of the Founders' Republic endures. It may eventually be recreated, should enough who understand it survive, but I don't hold out much hope for that, either.
For now, the tyrannies of robber barons and do-gooders compete, and those of us who just don't want to be bleep with are caught in the middle of that clash.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #55 on: November 11, 2022, 12:56:14 am »
In political terms Trump is a dead man walking.  Sad part is, his mouth did it to himself.
Don't tell him that. He'll think it's 2016 all over again. And we all remember the disaster that was.

As long as that man is still alive, he will be a threat and a menace. If we are going to rebuild, that cancer has to be neutralized.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline libertybele

« Reply #56 on: November 11, 2022, 01:02:10 am »

But I fear that we live in a country dominated in the press by soybois and radicalized idiots on one side, and do-nothing kleptocrats on the other. It is not a good recipe for an enduring Republic.

Unfortunately, and I may not live to see it, the question is one of what will rise from the ashes, because I can see no peaceful solution at this point, and none in which any semblance of the Founders' Republic endures. It may eventually be recreated, should enough who understand it survive, but I don't hold out much hope for that, either.
For now, the tyrannies of robber barons and do-gooders compete, and those of us who just don't want to be bleep with are caught in the middle of that clash.

I absolutely agree with you.  It's hard to stay out of that jungle when you live in the city.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #57 on: November 11, 2022, 01:02:53 am »
Lauren Boebert Wins Colorado CD-03, Also Arizona and Nevada Solid GOP Wins – Delays are Media Anti-Trump Narrative Engineering Efforts

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/blog/2022/11/10/lauren-boebert-wins-colorado-cd-03-also-arizona-and-nevada-solid-gop-wins-delays-are-media-anti-trump-narrative-engineering-efforts/
Excellent perspective, and a reminder, that the DEMMEDIA are ever trying new propaganda tricks to demoralize those who are Right.

Delaying eventual GOP wins allows the pall of defeat to hang even over those who won.

And, as the writer noted, PA, MI are lost causes. Enemy territory, for all practical purposes, and no matter who the GOP candidate (or, for that matter, what gets propped up by the Left) the ballot collection (and production) machine of the Left will prevail until it is stopped in the legislature AND the courts, or until Republicans get their collective together and beat the Left at their own game.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #58 on: November 11, 2022, 01:04:52 am »
I absolutely agree with you.  It's hard to stay out of that jungle when you live in the city.
One more reason I live where I do, but If I had my druthers, I'd be even further out in the boonies, even at my age. (Unfortunately, my Powerball ticket was not The One, so for now, that's out.)

C S Lewis

Offline libertybele

« Reply #59 on: November 11, 2022, 01:11:20 am »
Don't tell him that. He'll think it's 2016 all over again. And we all remember the disaster that was.

As long as that man is still alive, he will be a threat and a menace. If we are going to rebuild, that cancer has to be neutralized.

Under Trump we were rebuilding; the economy was doing very well and we were energy independent.  So, I'm not quite sure how you see either accomplishment as a threat or a menace. Maybe you have an EV and aren't concerned about the higher gas prices and you have deep pockets and aren't worried about the outrageous price of food???

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #60 on: November 11, 2022, 01:17:14 am »

His mouth will run till the day he dies.  Can't come soon enough for me. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #61 on: November 11, 2022, 01:17:48 am »

Excellent. And I agree with every word, except to say that like poor journalism, the robber barons and do-gooders are interchangeable on BOTH sides of the fence. And nothing will change until at least one side starts providing unassailable truth. And really even that will not suffice. There should be no side that will not entertain the truth, and instead be allowed to offer tawdry political spin instead. That should be a death knell to any organization claiming to be journalists.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #62 on: November 11, 2022, 01:38:21 am »

Uhhhh ok. He's really that confident and glib that we'll win Az and NV?

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #63 on: November 11, 2022, 12:29:07 pm »
Uhhhh ok. He's really that confident and glib that we'll win Az and NV?
It's sundance. I'm not sure if he really believes it, or if he's deliberately spreading disinformation, as he has for seven years now.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #64 on: November 11, 2022, 09:19:06 pm »
Powerline 11/10/2022

A consensus is emerging among Republicans that it is time for Donald Trump to get off the stage and stop damaging his party and his country. It is reflected in tomorrow’s New York Post cover:

In the same paper, John Podhoretz, never a Trump fan, writes: “Here’s how Donald Trump sabotaged the Republican midterms.” Trump’s record is bleak.

Liberal fundraisers actually put money behind Trump-endorsed candidates in GOP primaries all over the place to help them prevail so that Democrats could face them in the general election. It was transparently cynical and an abuse of our political process. But it worked like gangbusters.

As Kevin Robillard of the Huffington Post noted on Wednesday afternoon, when a Michigan Democrat named Hilary Scholten was finally declared the winner of her House seat against a raving lunatic named John Gibbs: “With this race call, every single Republican who won their primary with help from Democratic meddling has lost in the general election.”

More: https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2022/11/goodbye-donald.php

@Elderberry

Well,if you can't trust respected publications  like The New York Post and various RINO's,who CAN you trust,right,Bubba?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online LMAO

« Reply #65 on: November 12, 2022, 01:12:02 am »
@Elderberry

Well,if you can't trust respected publications  like The New York Post and various RINO's,who CAN you trust,right,Bubba?

Well the New York Post was the only publication that broke the Hunter Biden/laptop story that’s turning out to be right so I would think they do have some credibility
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy