Author Topic: Goodbye, Donald  (Read 2722 times)

Offline dfwgator

Re: Goodbye, Donald
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2022, 02:38:37 pm »
You bring up a good point.  If both DeSantis or Trump do not run, our tier 2 bench talent will have a tougher time.

I am fine with the likes of Pompeo and Cotton, but that would be an uphill battle.

The GOP is dead.  Might as well try infiltrating the Democratic Party now, because that's the only option left.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2022, 02:38:48 pm »
Expect a lot of spin, too.  Today, the media is celebrating that the CPI increase is only 7.7%.

Isn't that a hoot?

Wonder how pedo Joe will spin a 25-40% market correction?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2022, 02:44:48 pm »
This pattern of attacks on President Trump hasn’t changed one iota since he left office.  Casting doubts about him is just the establishment’s ongoing attempts at slandering Trump.  He will however continue to have my support.

Regarding the midterm elections, democrats haven’t changed their spots a bit.  Cheating in democrat strongholds accounts for many of their “votes” and their counterintuitive wins in those swing states.  You can’t convince me otherwise.  I mean Fetterman, Hochul and Whitmer, really?

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2022, 02:45:45 pm »
We definitely have a lot of spending to cut.

Yes, but in order to get people on board with that, we need to educate them first.

Offline BellyAche

« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2022, 02:59:14 pm »
I agree with the notion that Trump is past his expiration date. He was enormously helpful in tapping into a very legitimate and growing population completely numbed by the state of politics and the lack of full attention to their needs. Now we have that awakened support that needs to have a "healthy" and concise focal point in a person who can lead well and logically. I think that Trump is showing more of the characteristics that have been his weaknesses in the past, a clumsy expression of defiance against anyone who objects to him and a need to vilify (often childishly) his adversaries. Trump is already starting to attack DeSantis and promises more. If there is an internal feud within the GOP, the Democrats will take advantage of this. And we don't want that as Republicans! The problem is that Trump will not go down peacefully. It seems his very person now needs the vocal (and often manic) wave of supporters to sustain his ego. I too am for DeSantis. 
Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2022, 02:59:20 pm »
 Here’s how Donald Trump sabotaged the Republican midterms
By John Podhoretz   
November 9, 2022 6:56pm

Hey, Lyin’ Ted and Sleepy Joe: Meet Toxic Trump. You know, if the former president had any self-knowledge or even the slightest ability to be self-deprecating, he might consider giving himself this alliterative nickname.

After three straight national tallies in which either he or his party or both were hammered by the national electorate, it’s time for even his stans to accept the truth: Toxic Trump is the political equivalent of a can of Raid.

What Tuesday night’s results suggest is that Trump is perhaps the most profound vote repellent in modern American history.

The surest way to lose in these midterms was to be a politician endorsed by Trump.

This is not hyperbole.

Except for deep-red states where a Republican corpse would have beaten a Democrat, voters choosing in actually competitive races — who everyone expected would behave like midterm voters usually do and lean toward the out party — took one look at Trump’s handpicked acolytes and gagged.

Liberal fundraisers actually put money behind Trump-endorsed candidates in GOP primaries all over the place to help them prevail so that Democrats could face them in the general election. It was transparently cynical and an abuse of our political process. But it worked like gangbusters.

more
https://nypost.com/2022/11/09/heres-how-donald-trump-sabotaged-the-republican-midterms/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2022, 03:09:46 pm »
There was an exit poll that really hammered that home for me. A majority of people polled want the government to do more.

Boy! Am I swimming upstream! I want the fedgov put back in its box as defined in the Constitution!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2022, 03:26:16 pm »
Trump now however, has exceeded his "use by" date. Some of his recent comments, plus helping us lose GA and PA with awful candidates has sealed the deal.  No more Trump Mania please.  Mr. Trump, please go the route of elder statesman, and help get Republicans elected in 2024.   

Make up your mind @catfish1957  Does Trump lose elections or win them?

I am very excited by the prospects of a DeSantis presidency.  I think and hope he will bring much of Trump's message without the "foot in mouth" distractions.  I will take great joy in watching liberal heads explode.

I beg you, please----stop emoting and start thinking.  Liberal heads would not explode, globalist heads would not explode.  DeSantis is now a wholly-owned subsidiary of McConnell, Ryan, Bush, Inc.

Offline godblessRonaldReagan

• It's never too late to have a happy childhood!
« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2022, 03:29:39 pm »
Boy! Am I swimming upstream! I want the fedgov put back in its box as defined in the Constitution!

Me too, but I'm starting to fear that ship has sailed.
I, for one, welcome our feline overlords

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2022, 03:31:49 pm »
Me too, but I'm starting to fear that ship has sailed.

LONG ago! Yet I'm still swimming because that is the only possible way to save this once great Republic! @godblessRonaldReagan

BTW: I think it entirely possible that Donald J. Trump's greatest legacy might end up being a SCOTUS that moves things toward putting the Fedgov back in that box!
« Last Edit: November 10, 2022, 03:52:54 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2022, 03:36:32 pm »

I beg you, please----stop emoting and start thinking.  Liberal heads would not explode, globalist heads would not explode.  DeSantis is now a wholly-owned subsidiary of McConnell, Ryan, Bush, Inc.

Overall, in his own boasting bravado, he brags he is 115-6.  But when the two that counted the most?.... PA & GA...  He F'ed up royally.

Quit projecting your orange bias, and listen to DeSantis......   Does the thoughts, positions, and rhetoric even remotely sound or mimick Ryan or Turdle?  DeSantis is much more aligned ideologically to Trump than the miscellaneous RINOs you cite.  Saying someone is a subsidiary, with such drastic differences is almost silly.  Trump had to deal with McConnell as POTUS....   does that make him an ally?

@Right_in_Virginia   
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2022, 03:38:36 pm »
Here’s how Donald Trump sabotaged the Republican midterms
By John Podhoretz   
November 9, 2022 6:56pm

Wow, when DJT starts losing the editorial board of the Post?

Something is afoot.

« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2022, 03:45:39 pm »
Overall, in his own boasting bravado, he brags he is 115-6.  But when the two that counted the most?.... PA & GA...  He F'ed up royally.

Quit projecting your orange bias, and listen to DeSantis......   Does the thoughts, positions, and rhetoric even remotely sound or mimick Ryan or Turdle?  DeSantis is much more aligned ideologically to Trump than the miscellaneous RINOs you cite.  Saying someone is a subsidiary, with such drastic differences is almost silly.  Trump had to deal with McConnell as POTUS....   does that make him an ally?

@Right_in_Virginia   

Who are you quoting here @catfish1957

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2022, 03:49:32 pm »

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2022, 03:51:36 pm »
In political terms Trump is a dead man walking.  Sad part is, his mouth did it to himself. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2022, 03:59:19 pm »
In political terms Trump is a dead man walking.  Sad part is, his mouth did it to himself.

I really believe that those huge rally crowds might start evaporating.  If and when he does get jilted (you heard it first), his bruised ego is going to make him make a 3rd party run. 

That will be sterling proof that he is more concerned about himself, as he takes the GOP and the rest of the country down with his ego.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2022, 04:04:22 pm »
I really believe that those huge rally crowds might start evaporating.  If and when he does get jilted (you heard it first), his bruised ego is going to make him make a 3rd party run. 

That will be sterling proof that he is more concerned about himself, as he takes the GOP and the rest of the country down with his ego.

Bookmark that thought to revisit in 18 months.  You heard it here 1st.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #42 on: November 10, 2022, 04:49:23 pm »
DeSantis is much more aligned ideologically to Trump than the miscellaneous RINOs you cite.

DeSantis is much more aligned to the ideology projected onto Trump (which Trump himself does not truly represent).  Like being a Conservative, for example.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #43 on: November 10, 2022, 04:53:22 pm »
DeSantis is much more aligned to the ideology projected onto Trump (which Trump himself does not truly represent).  Like being a Conservative, for example.

Outside the fiscal side (which he was a disaster), I'll grant Trump governened from the conservative side.

I think he's toast for candidate choices and recent absolutely idiotic comments, but I'll give him his due, where he's earned it.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #44 on: November 10, 2022, 05:01:14 pm »
Outside the fiscal side (which he was a disaster), I'll grant Trump governened from the conservative side.

I'm not seeing it.  Other than getting out of the way of the petroleum industry, we saw Trump enact Democrat trade policies, continue Obamacare, and increase funding for Planned Parenthood.  He depleted the treasury by handing out free money to everyone under the son, handed out huge corporate welfare checks to left wing companies, and did nothing to prevent US Corporations from planting their assets offshore to avoid US taxes.

He was great on foreign policy, but lousy on domestic policy.  The biggest plus of his entire Presidency was the way he handled the press.  But the core of Conservatism is fiscal.  And on that count, he was worse than Obama.

There are a lot of things about Trump that I still do like very much.  But he is not a Conservative.  It is simply not part of his makeup.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #45 on: November 10, 2022, 05:02:07 pm »

Post 2016, he does nothing but lose them.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #46 on: November 10, 2022, 11:37:41 pm »
catfish:
"Trump now however, has exceeded his "use by" date. Some of his recent comments, plus helping us lose GA and PA with awful candidates has sealed the deal.  No more Trump Mania please.  Mr. Trump, please go the route of elder statesman, and help get Republicans elected in 2024."

Fishrrman:
Reports of Mr. Trump's demise are greatly exaggerated.
(apologies to Mr. Clemens)

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #47 on: November 10, 2022, 11:43:27 pm »
Bigun wrote:
"Boy! Am I swimming upstream! I want the fedgov put back in its box as defined in the Constitution!"

And godblessRR replied:
"Me too, but I'm starting to fear that ship has sailed."

Fishrrman:
That ship HAS "sailed".
Currently on the horizon, passing out of sight.

That's why it's time to build a NEW "ship".

Either that, or be bound to the anchor chains of the oppressive one forever.

« Reply #48 on: November 10, 2022, 11:45:18 pm »
Post 2016, he does nothing but lose them.

IMO, those who dismiss the fraud in 2020, especially at this point, are complicit in it and supportive of its continuation.

« Last Edit: November 10, 2022, 11:50:39 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline LMAO

« Reply #49 on: November 10, 2022, 11:50:41 pm »

Reports of Mr. Trump's demise are greatly exaggerated.
(apologies to Mr. Clemens)

You may be correct to a certain degree. i don't think Trump will disappear to never be seen again

But he's Biden's best shot to win re election
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy