Author Topic: U.S. Coast Guard morale dogs, Thor and Loki, earn promotion  (Read 146 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
U.S. Coast Guard morale dogs, Thor and Loki, earn promotion
« on: November 10, 2022, 12:31:23 pm »
U.S. Coast Guard morale dogs, Thor and Loki, earn promotion
Published: Nov. 09, 2022, 12:33 p.m.
Thor and Loki get promoted
Canines Thor and Loki were promoted to "Second Class Morale" dogs at U.S. Coast Guard Station Marquette during November 2022.Provided by U.S. Coast Guard Station Marquette

By Justine Lofton | jlofton@mlive.com

MARQUETTE, MI - Canines Thor and Loki have been bringing joy and comfort to U.S. Coast Guard Station Marquette for more than four years. And for that, they deserved a promotion, officials said.

They were both promoted to “Second Class Morale” dogs during a ceremony last week.

“Thor and Loki have proudly served as Station Marquette’s morale dogs, bringing joy and comfort to the crew and the people of Marquette,” officials said in a Facebook post. “As second classes, these fantastic pups will continue to bring happiness to the station every day.”

They were previously promoted to Petty Officer Third Class during February 2020.

https://www.mlive.com/news/2022/11/us-coast-guard-morale-dogs-thor-and-loki-earn-promotion.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: U.S. Coast Guard morale dogs, Thor and Loki, earn promotion
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2022, 12:32:43 pm »
 :flag:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson