Author Topic: Drill instructor may be charged in 2021 Marine recruit death  (Read 109 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Drill instructor may be charged in 2021 Marine recruit death
« on: November 10, 2022, 12:26:59 pm »
Drill instructor may be charged in 2021 Marine recruit death
By Jonathan Lehrfeld
 Nov 9, 11:39 AM

Marine Pfc. Dalton Beals and his family. (Photo courtesy of Stacie Beals)
In June 2021, Marine Pfc. Dalton Beals, 19, died while at boot camp at Parris Island, South Carolina, as a result of extreme body temperature.

An extensively redacted investigation shared with Marine Corps Times found his death “likely avoidable,” and found his drill instructor at fault for not monitoring Beals and his fellow recruits while they completed “the Crucible” — the challenging finale to Marine Corps boot camp — during 90 plus degree temperatures.

Now, Brig. Gen. Walker Field, the commanding general of Marine Corps Recruit Depot Parris Island, South Carolina, is considering whether or not to charge the unnamed drill instructor involved with Beals’ death, Task and Purpose first reported.

https://www.marinecorpstimes.com/news/your-marine-corps/2022/11/09/marines-considering-charging-drill-instructor-in-2021-recruit-death/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson