Author Topic: Republican Leader Kevin McCarthy Announces Run for House Speaker  (Read 305 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Republican Leader Kevin McCarthy Announces Run for House Speaker
« on: November 09, 2022, 08:41:32 pm »
Republican Leader Kevin McCarthy Announces Run for House Speaker

Jacob Bliss 9 Nov 2022Washington, DC

Republican Rep. Kevin McCarthy (CA), the current minority leader in the U.S. House of Representatives, announced Wednesday afternoon his bid to become Speaker of the House as the post-election leadership race start.

“Over the past century, Republicans had flipped the House from Democrats just four times: 1946, 1952, 1994, and 2010. Only twice did that flip occur in four years or less,” McCarthy said in a lengthy letter to his colleagues before stating he is “running to serve as Speaker of the People’s House” and asking for support from his colleagues.

“While a number of races remain outstanding, I can confidently report that we will join that list, build on our significant gains from last cycle, and achieve our goal of taking back the House,” McCarthy wrote, adding:

This was the most expensive and arguably the most competitive House midterm in America’s history. Yet in a hard-fought contest, our message and our candidates prevailed, winning key seats across the country, some in districts that President Biden carried just two years ago by double digits—including the first incumbent Chair of the DCCC to be defeated in 42 years.

This is no small feat. We have ended one-party Democrat rule in Washington by effectively prosecuting the case against their failed policies while detailing our plan for a new direction with the Commitment to America. Even so, I trust you know that earning the majority is only the beginning. Now, we will be measured by what we do with our majority. Now, the real work begins.

…

I am determined to ensure that this majority reaches its full potential. I will be a listener every bit as much as a Speaker, striving to build consensus from the bottom-up rather than commanding the agenda from the top-down. That means putting the right people in the right spots and harnessing the power of our entire conference. Everyone has something valuable to bring to the table and my door will always be open to your ideas and input on how we best achieve our shared goals.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/11/09/republican-leader-kevin-mccarthy-announces-post-election-leadership-run-house-speaker/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Hoodat

Re: Republican Leader Kevin McCarthy Announces Run for House Speaker
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2022, 08:48:50 pm »
I wish Mark Levin would announce.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2022, 08:54:48 pm »
Hopefully he will at least be challenged?
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2022, 02:27:07 pm »
Scalise: ‘I’m Supporting Kevin McCarthy for Speaker’

Wednesday on FNC’s “America Reports,” House Minority Whip Steve Scalise (R-LA) acknowledged he was supporting House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy for speaker in elections set to take place next week under what appears to be a new GOP-led House of Representatives.
Jeff Poor9 Nov 2022, 7:52 PM PST

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/11/09/scalise-im-supporting-kevin-mccarthy-for-speaker/
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online Hoodat

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2022, 02:30:56 pm »
Scalise: ‘I’m Supporting Kevin McCarthy for Speaker’

Of course he would.  That opens up the Majority Leader position for himself.  This is normal and expected.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2022, 09:26:45 pm »
Chuck Callesto
@ChuckCallesto
·
40m
BREAKING REPORT: Republican caucus says Kevin McCarthy DOES NOT have the votes to be House Speaker...

WHO WOULD YOU NOMINATE?
Support the USO

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2022, 04:13:06 am »
Chuck Callesto
@ChuckCallesto
·
40m
BREAKING REPORT: Republican caucus says Kevin McCarthy DOES NOT have the votes to be House Speaker...

WHO WOULD YOU NOMINATE?

Jim Jordan would be my choice.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.