Author Topic: Trump warns DeSantis against 2024 White House bid  (Read 8871 times)

Offline Hoodat

Re: Trump warns DeSantis against 2024 White House bid
« Reply #50 on: November 09, 2022, 06:57:58 pm »
It would be nice if his daughter talked him out of it - he seems to listen to her.

His Democrat daughter.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online libertybele

« Reply #51 on: November 09, 2022, 09:40:29 pm »
Trump is starting to look like a Democrat Party plant.

Well, in the very beginning of Trump's campaign when he suddenly announced his candidacy after Cruz made his announcement I thought that it was a possibility.  Trump went after every GOP candidate and took them down one by one, leaving Cruz till the end. However, he was soft on Hillary.  He never locked her up.

After he was president, he had a full majority, yet waited until the very last minute to get funding for the wall and actually build it.  Within days the DEMS won the House and Pelosi and Chuckie held him at bay.

I still think all in all he did well for this country; we were energy independent and we saw low unemployment numbers.

I do believe with what I've seen of Trump recently, it is time to move on.

Everyone is hoping that DeSantis runs.  I'm hoping that we have another alternative in case he doesn't run.

Trump has an inherent ability to connect with people and that is his greatest asset.  However, he also turns people off as well and going after DeSantis is a huge mistake.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2022, 09:43:34 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #52 on: November 09, 2022, 11:16:43 pm »
Every time I get reasonably comfortable with supporting him he goes and does some incredibly STUPID shit like this!  **nononono*

I know...This really pisses me off...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #53 on: November 09, 2022, 11:20:04 pm »
I know...This really pisses me off...

Mc Cormick would have beaten Fetterman like a rented mule!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #54 on: November 10, 2022, 03:34:36 am »
FTA---

I don’t know if he is running. I think if he runs, he could hurt himself very badly. I really believe he could hurt himself badly,” Trump told Fox News in an interview late Monday after a rally in Ohio. “I think he would be making a mistake. I think the base would not like it. I don’t think it would be good for the party.”

Before this anti-Trump train careens off the rails taking victory in 2024 with it, folks need to exhale, hit the brakes and think.    DJT is being honest and truthful in his warning to RDS.  While you may not like hearing it, thinking past the obsessive seven year quest by the Uniparty to destroy and eliminate Trump and his supporters is paramount to understanding it.

Again, like it or not, the vast majority of his supporters are fiercely and immovably loyal to Trump --- because at great personal cost he has been loyal to them, supporting them with his policies and keeping the promises he made.  Part of their unrelenting quest is to restore his honor and place in history----- because Trump has earned this.

Enter Ron DeSantis.  In 2018, RDS was barreling down the express lane to losing the governship to a drug addict when he made the smartest decision of his political life and turned to President Trump, very popular in Florida, for help.  Trump obliged and dragged DeSantis to a  .4% (point four percent) victory over Gillum.

But RDS also made an unforeseen error --- one that will haunt him without mercy if he pitts himself against Trump; the man who saved his political life.  RDS will need to distance himself from MAGA policies, spew the swamp's talking points about the man, Donald Trump, or a combination of both. However he chooses to address this, RDS will not recover --- he beomes the focus of Trump's next reading of "The Snake".  Combine this with the exposure of his dealings with Team McConnell, McCarthy and Ryan (his mentors) ---- Trump knows every phone call, meeting and deal ---- and RDS retires early or returns to the House.  His national career is over.  This is Trump's warning, and he is right.

The haunting RDS did not foresee ----

https://youtu.be/z1YP_zZJFXs

@mystery-ak
@Bigun
@libertybele
@Lando Lincoln
@Mesaclone

« Last Edit: November 10, 2022, 03:43:23 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #55 on: November 10, 2022, 03:41:56 am »
While you may not like hearing it, thinking past the obsessive seven year quest by the Uniparty to destroy and eliminate Trump and his supporters is paramount to understanding it.

Is this the same Uniparty that Trump jumped in bed with to win the 2016 Primary and be the easiest opponent for Hillary to beat?  The GOP Establishment that used Trump to enact rules that no local Republican would ever support?  The same GOP Establishment that served as Trump's Chief of Staff when he took office?

For once, I want a politician that supports my interests.  One that understands the destruction that is being enacted on our entire nation through the reckless increase of the money supply along with the debt that is being placed on future generations.

Trump is part of the problem, not part of the solution.  And that doesn't change simply because there are people out there who like him.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #56 on: November 10, 2022, 03:42:28 am »
Mc Cormick would have beaten Fetterman like a rented mule!

Yep.  But Trump.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online corbe

« Reply #57 on: November 10, 2022, 03:50:36 am »
   Leaving Cruz and chasing the new shiny object in 2016 cost US a Golden Opportunity and we Conservatives are in their   sixth year and going on this populist misery.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #58 on: November 10, 2022, 04:21:19 am »
   Leaving Cruz and chasing the new shiny object in 2016 cost US a Golden Opportunity and we Conservatives are in their   sixth year and going on this populist misery.

What the hell are you talking about...we fricking won the White House in 2016. With coattails. Followed by much good over the next 4 years including energy independence, the border under control and a host of other Conservative goals. The shiny new object was actually the voice that stood up to the Woke Left...and set an example of resistance that the Party desperately needed. He killed the Bush-McCain "accommodation wing" of the GOP and we're never going back.

That said, RDS is a better man to carry the MAGA banner forward from here. Trump is the man who built MAGA but the torch must be passed...Desantis is absolutely NOT going to tear down anything MAGA, he's simply going to take up the mantle. This won't be smooth or easy, Trump won't go quietly into the night...he's a fighter by nature...but in the end Trump will accept what the voters decide. Desantis will be the nominee, but anyone denigrating Trump is just being petty and wrong IMHO.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Online corbe

« Reply #59 on: November 10, 2022, 04:39:34 am »
   What I'm talking about @Mesaclone are the deck/patio/kitchen table conversations that I remember having with Conservatives in 2016 and they were all for Ted Cruz until that shiny object took a ride down a NY Escalator, most became distracted and discarded the best chance we had to getting this Country back on Track. 
   I was surprised he beat hellary to be honest with ya.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #60 on: November 10, 2022, 04:41:27 am »
Don't forget all the free air time that Trump received from the same MSM that backs every Democrat campaign.  It's like they wanted Trump to be the candidate.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #61 on: November 10, 2022, 05:36:36 am »
That said, RDS is a better man to carry the MAGA banner forward from here. Trump is the man who built MAGA but the torch must be passed...Desantis is absolutely NOT going to tear down anything MAGA, he's simply going to take up the mantle.

This may have been true once upon a time, but it's not true today @Mesaclone

It's been an open secret in Washington for many months that DeSantis is meeting, with regularity, with Paul Ryan, Kevin McCarthy, Mitch McConnell, their teams, their communication staffs, and their donors.  Remember, RDS is a product of this wing of the Republican Party  --- having spent his entire tenure in the House under the mentorship of Ryan and McCarthy.  In 2016, he dropped his bid for the Senate at McConnell's request, and returned to Ryan's open arms.  Their reconnection was predictable.

The one surprise was RDS's endorsement, with audio evidence, of the one GOP Senate candidate who made a pillar of his campaign a promise to fight against Donald Trump in 2024, John O'Dea in Colorado.  The running joke in some DC circles was DeSantis passed his test and was now a "made" member of the DC Republican swamp famiy.   :laugh:

Support RDS, if you choose.  But, do so understanding he is being bought and paid for and will be a wholly-owned subsidiary of the organizations that have dedicated their careers to the elimination of all things MAGA. 

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #62 on: November 10, 2022, 07:34:27 am »

*FACTS*

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #63 on: November 10, 2022, 09:19:05 am »

Online rustynail

« Reply #64 on: November 10, 2022, 11:01:28 am »

It's been an open secret in Washington for many months that DeSantis is meeting, with regularity, with Paul Ryan, Kevin McCarthy, Mitch McConnell, their teams, their communication staffs, and their donors.  Remember, RDS is a product of this wing of the Republican Party  --- having spent his entire tenure in the House under the mentorship of Ryan and McCarthy.  In 2016, he dropped his bid for the Senate at McConnell's request, and returned to Ryan's open arms.  Their reconnection was predictable.

The one surprise was RDS's endorsement, with audio evidence, of the one GOP Senate candidate who made a pillar of his campaign a promise to fight against Donald Trump in 2024, John O'Dea in Colorado.  The running joke in some DC circles was DeSantis passed his test and was now a "made" member of the DC Republican swamp famiy.   :laugh:

Support RDS, if you choose.  But, do so understanding he is being bought and paid for and will be a wholly-owned subsidiary of the organizations that have dedicated their careers to the elimination of all things MAGA. 

Thank you.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #65 on: November 10, 2022, 11:56:32 am »

Ah geez. Hope Musk doesn't let him back on Twitter for his own sake.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #66 on: November 10, 2022, 02:49:49 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia It is a LONG time until 2024 and I fully intend to do what I always do; I will support the most CONSERVATIVE candidate on my ballot here in Texas. If that turns out to be Donald J. Trump so be it, but HE needs to learn that there are times when the best course is simply to shut your damned mouth! What the machine did at the 2016 convention STILL sticks in my craw and THAT will be a factor for me as well.

I will do my own research but will tell you now that Ted Cruz need not apply for reasons, I have laid out here many times. (I love the guy, but he is forever barred from becoming President IMHO.)

I applaud your efforts to inform and would ask a favor of you. Ask the folks in the Trump organization to STOP flooding my email inbox every damned day!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #67 on: November 10, 2022, 03:14:55 pm »

Look, I completely understand the points you're making. But there's some unfair extrapolation going on. Just because the man meets with the future "speaker of the House and the majority leader in the Senate" does not mean he's somehow sold out to them. Likewise for talking with Ryan, who I agree is a weasel. This is simple tactics...shore up support ACROSS the party...but does NOT equate to caving in to everyone he deigns to speak with. On the contrary, he reaches out from a position of strength and that means these folks must come to him and adjust to his positions...not vice versa.

This ongoing division in the party goes to one of President Trump's weaknesses...the inability to unite the factions of the party. To be fair, he first had to defeat and displace in the primaries...to establish the supremacy of the MAGA doctrine and change the direction of the party. Doing that was critical...the key to the party's future...but it comes with the cost of enduring division and I don't think he has the demeanor to heal that divide. I think Desantis has the political skills to bring those elements TO the MAGA movement...I do not believe he is going to them and caving to their wishes...not at all and there's no evidence that this is what is happening. Should such evidence ever emerge, I will no longer support him. I'm guessing he knows must conservatives feel the same way.

Make no mistake, the party must be MAGA focused yet it MUST unite all the elements of the party. Internal division is a big part of what REPEATEDLY causes us to lose national elections...the other factor has been the vapid weakness of the Bush-Ryan wing. Trump defeated that wing...its not coming back into power in the party...everyone, including Desantis understands that fight is over and those folks are not what conservative voters want. Period.

What we need now is a strong leader who advocates for MAGA but who can also not alienate every other element in the party...and let's remember we'll need to make inroads with Independents and suburban voters (we lost independents in this mid-term for the first time in a long time). Winning those elements is less about doctrine than it is about demeanor and tone...and I just don't believe President Trump has the message and personal discipline to NOT alienate those key voters. I think Desantis does...and he will do so while advocating the EXACT same policy positions as President Trump.

Right_in_Virginia...I think Donald Trump has done much to save the country. His charisma and sheer determination have changed the direction of the GOP...for the foreseeable future. But it is not always the soldier who leads the revolution who is best to consolidate its victories and to rule a nation. We'll always owe a debt to the President, but the key question today is "who can beat the Democrats and take back the White House?" Honestly, Desantis and Trump have virtually no differences on policy...so answering that key question revolves around political skill and message discipline. We all have to decide for ourselves which candidate best executes those two traits.

If Trump wins the nomination, I will 100% support and vote for him...heck...I love the guy. But I will vote for Desantis because I think he will win a national election...and have grave doubts that President Trump can.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2022, 03:17:27 pm by Mesaclone »
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #68 on: November 10, 2022, 03:18:19 pm »
Look, I completely understand the points you're making. But there's some unfair extrapolation going on. Just because the man meets with the future "speaker of the House and the majority leader in the Senate" does not mean he's somehow sold out to them. Likewise for talking with Ryan, who I agree is a weasel. This is simple tactics...shore up support ACROSS the party...but does NOT equate to caving in to everyone he deigns to speak with. On the contrary, he reaches out from a position of strength and that means these folks must come to him and adjust to his positions...not vice versa.

This ongoing division in the party goes to one of President Trump's weaknesses...the inability to unite the factions of the party. To be fair, he first had to defeat and displace in the primaries...to establish the supremacy of the MAGA doctrine and change the direction of the party. Doing that was critical...the key to the party's future...but it comes with the cost of enduring division and I don't think he has the demeanor to heal that divide. I think Desantis has the political skills to bring those elements TO the MAGA movement...I do not believe he is going to them and caving to their wishes...not at all and there's no evidence that this is what is happening.

Make no mistake, the party must be MAGA focused yet it MUST unite all the elements of the party. Internal division is a big part of what REPEATEDLY causes us to lose national elections...the other factor has been the vapid weakness of the Bush-Ryan wing. Trump defeated that wing...its not coming back into power in the party...everyone, including Desantis understands that fight is over and those folks are not what conservative voters want. Period.

What we need now is a strong leader who advocates for MAGA but who can also not alienate every other element in the party...and let's remember we'll need to make inroads with Independents and suburban voters (we lost independents in this mid-term for the first time in a long time). Winning those elements is less about doctrine than it is about demeanor and tone...and I just don't believe President Trump has the message and personal discipline to NOT alienate those key voters. I think Desantis does...and he will do so while advocating the EXACT same policy positions as President Trump.

Right_in_Virginia...I think Donald Trump has done much to save the country. His charisma and sheer determination have changed the direction of the GOP...for the foreseeable future. But it is not always the soldier who leads the revolution who is best to consolidate its victories and to rule a nation. We'll always owe a debt to the President, but the key question today is "who can beat the Democrats and take back the White House?" Honestly, Desantis and Trump have virtually no differences on policy...so answering that key question revolves around political skill and message discipline. We all have to decide for ourselves which candidate best executes those two traits.

If Trump wins the nomination, I will 100% support and vote for him...heck...I love the guy. But I will vote for Desantis because I think he will win a national election...and have grave doubts that President Trump can.

Well said @Mesaclone !  I'm right there with you across the board.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #69 on: November 10, 2022, 03:21:22 pm »

This ongoing division in the party goes to one of President Trump's weaknesses...the inability to unite the factions of the party. To be fair, he first had to defeat and displace in the primaries...to establish the supremacy of the MAGA doctrine and change the direction of the party. Doing that was critical...the key to the party's future...but it comes with the cost of enduring division and I don't think he has the demeanor to heal that divide. I think Desantis has the political skills to bring those elements TO the MAGA movement...I do not believe he is going to them and caving to their wishes...not at all and there's no evidence that this is what is happening. Should such evidence ever emerge, I will no longer support him. I'm guessing he knows must conservatives feel the same way.

Totally agree and well said @Mesaclone
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online libertybele

« Reply #70 on: November 10, 2022, 03:37:50 pm »
FTA---

Before this anti-Trump train careens off the rails taking victory in 2024 with it, folks need to exhale, hit the brakes and think.    DJT is being honest and truthful in his warning to RDS.  While you may not like hearing it, thinking past the obsessive seven year quest by the Uniparty to destroy and eliminate Trump and his supporters is paramount to understanding it.

Again, like it or not, the vast majority of his supporters are fiercely and immovably loyal to Trump --- because at great personal cost he has been loyal to them, supporting them with his policies and keeping the promises he made.  Part of their unrelenting quest is to restore his honor and place in history----- because Trump has earned this.

Enter Ron DeSantis.  In 2018, RDS was barreling down the express lane to losing the governship to a drug addict when he made the smartest decision of his political life and turned to President Trump, very popular in Florida, for help.  Trump obliged and dragged DeSantis to a  .4% (point four percent) victory over Gillum.

But RDS also made an unforeseen error --- one that will haunt him without mercy if he pitts himself against Trump; the man who saved his political life.  RDS will need to distance himself from MAGA policies, spew the swamp's talking points about the man, Donald Trump, or a combination of both. However he chooses to address this, RDS will not recover --- he beomes the focus of Trump's next reading of "The Snake".  Combine this with the exposure of his dealings with Team McConnell, McCarthy and Ryan (his mentors) ---- Trump knows every phone call, meeting and deal ---- and RDS retires early or returns to the House.  His national career is over.  This is Trump's warning, and he is right.

The haunting RDS did not foresee ----

https://youtu.be/z1YP_zZJFXs

@mystery-ak
@Bigun
@libertybele
@Lando Lincoln
@Mesaclone

@Right_in_Virginia  I realize that Trump launched DeSantis' career. I thought that perhaps the Trump insults towards DeSantis was orchestrated by the MSM, but there is no doubt that Trump is going after him.  Seriously? The attacks have been unprovoked and only motivated by Trump's realization that DeSantis has more than successfully succeeded through his conservative values.  That conservatism has been recognized and widely accepted. Keep in mind that we had over 1,000 people a day moving into FL this past year. That alone speaks for itself.

Ron has not announced that he is running and Trump hasn't flat out made the announcement that he's running, all though by all indications, he is. Yet, Trump attacks him after he won re-election by unbelievable numbers.  He should have called him and congratulated him. No, instead Trump warns him not to run. 

Whether you want to accept or not accept the fact that DeSantis is more popular than Trump, is certainly your choice. At this point, as I see it the only one that is going to divide the GOP vote in '24 is Trump. He's already slinging mud at the most popular conservative governor in the country.  Liberals and independents voted for him and he captured the Latino vote by extraordinary numbers.

Trump was a wonderful president. There is no denying that. Yes he was cheated out of a second term. Nothing can change that. Why Ronna continued as chairman, I have no idea.  The former president is up in years and unfortunately he's still carries the baggage of the mud that the DEMS unfairly threw at him. He IMO needs to realize it is time for him to step aside.

If Trump truly wants to continue the MAGA movement that he began and wants to preserve our Republic  he would be wise to encourage DeSantis and DeSantis if he wants the presidency would be wise to listen.

We need unity, not division!

« Last Edit: November 10, 2022, 03:42:36 pm by libertybele »

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #71 on: November 10, 2022, 03:41:05 pm »
Look, I completely understand the points you're making. But there's some unfair extrapolation going on.

No, there is not ---- and it's more than "extrapolation".

Just because the man meets with the future "speaker of the House and the majority leader in the Senate" does not mean he's somehow sold out to them. Likewise for talking with Ryan, who I agree is a weasel.

Nice spin.  But, this is more than "meets with"   ----- DeSantis is working with these men and their staffs.

This is simple tactics...shore up support ACROSS the party...but does NOT equate to caving in to everyone he deigns to speak with. On the contrary, he reaches out from a position of strength and that means these folks must come to him and adjust to his positions...not vice versa.

This is simply bullshit, and I don't believe you, yourself, believe it. @Mesaclone  ----- so peddle it to someone else.

« Last Edit: November 10, 2022, 03:59:14 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Online libertybele

« Reply #72 on: November 10, 2022, 03:52:14 pm »
No, there is not ---- and it's more than "extrapoltion".

Nice spin.  But, this is more than "meets with"   ----- DeSantis is working with these men and their staffs.

This is simply bullshit, and I don't believe you, yourself, believe it. @Mesaclone  ----- so peddle it to someone else.

@Right_in_Virginia where is your proof that DeSantis is working with "these men and their staffs"???

I am judging him by his actions.  His actions in FL have been incredible. He opened us up during the pandemic and he was heavily criticized by those in FL, yet he was right.  He is very popular here and yes, absolutely the Joe lovers are very vocal in criticizing him.  They call him a bully because he is standing up against the liberals and the Feds.

Granted he has a conservative majority to work with; but he's taken that opportunity and has used it. He has proven to many that conservatism works and that's the message that is needed to be widely accepted in order for the GOP to win in '24.

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #73 on: November 10, 2022, 04:00:04 pm »
DJT’s actions between now and the runoff in Georgia will be… interesting.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Online Kamaji

« Reply #74 on: November 10, 2022, 04:08:08 pm »
DJT’s actions between now and the runoff in Georgia will be… interesting.

That's putting it mildly.