Author Topic: Newt Gingrich Has a Take on Why Election Night Turned Out to Be Such a Disappointment  (Read 872 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Newt Gingrich Has a Take on Why Election Night Turned Out to Be Such a Disappointment
Rebecca Downs

|  November 09, 2022 9:45 AM

As much as this year's midterm election was expected to be a red wave, that did not turn out to be the case. It certainly was nothing like 1994, when Democrats lost 52 seats in the House. Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich (R-GA), who helped usher in that red wave during then President Bill Clinton's first midterm election, shared his take while on Fox News Channel on Wednesday morning.

During "Fox & Friends," Gingrich acknowledged "we did not do as well in the House and the Senate as I thought we'd do," to which he added "there's a lot to study about what happened." He did, however, stress "we did very well with governors" and that "in that sense it was a huge night for Republican government at the state level." This included in his state of Georgia, where Gov. Brian Kemp (R-GA) once more beat Democratic gubernatorial nominee Stacey Abrams in a rematch from 2018.

Gingrich and co-host Steve Doocy discussed how "the big red wave that was predicted has not happened yet." There's still several more races to call, though, to determine which party controls each chamber. Gingrich kept reiterating he was "surprised," especially given that many predicted the issues of inflation, the border, and crime would be more so of a factor and "would have made for a very big Republican night."

In the end, though, Gingrich offered that perhaps President Joe Biden's strategy of going after his Republican opponents and threatening that democracy was on the line worked. "Much as I think it's despicable," Gingrich made clear about such a strategy, "the Biden strategy of demonizing Republicans, and attacking Republicans, and defaming Republicans, I think did have an impact and will probably become the definition of the Democratic Party."

more
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/rebeccadowns/2022/11/09/newt-gingrich-has-a-take-on-why-election-night-turned-out-to-be-such-a-disappointment-n2615721?utm_medium=widget&utm_source=slider

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
In the end, though, Gingrich offered that perhaps President Joe Biden's strategy of going after his Republican opponents and threatening that democracy was on the line worked. "Much as I think it's despicable," Gingrich made clear about such a strategy, "the Biden strategy of demonizing Republicans, and attacking Republicans, and defaming Republicans, I think did have an impact and will probably become the definition of the Democratic Party."

If you can't pay your bills and got mugged twice last month while the Rats deny there's even a problem, but you let them herd you like cattle with nothing but desperate thugging, we got a way, WAY bigger problem in this country.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Hoodat

Please go away, Noot.  You are part of the problem.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Kamaji

If you can't pay your bills and got mugged twice last month while the Rats deny there's even a problem, but you let them herd you like cattle with nothing but desperate thugging, we got a way, WAY bigger problem in this country.

:thumbsup:

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!

Yes there is a huge problem in this country. It's called indoctrination of our youth with liberal ideology.  Until that is reversed, I don't think things are going to get any better.  IMO there wasn't a push from candidates to show how conservatism was better or an alternative to everything going wrong in this country.  The DEMS were able to blame the riots, high prices, thuggery, etc. on the GOP and they pushed that lie until people believed it and they also had the help to enforce those lies from the MSM.

What did the GOP do?  They sat back and expected that people would realize the faults of the DEMS and a leader that isn't even coherent. They continually proclaimed a red wave.  This was their election to lose and they did.

The GOP lost its way long ago.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline berdie

Yes there is a huge problem in this country. It's called indoctrination of our youth with liberal ideology.  Until that is reversed, I don't think things are going to get any better.  IMO there wasn't a push from candidates to show how conservatism was better or an alternative to everything going wrong in this country.  The DEMS were able to blame the riots, high prices, thuggery, etc. on the GOP and they pushed that lie until people believed it and they also had the help to enforce those lies from the MSM.

What did the GOP do?  They sat back and expected that people would realize the faults of the DEMS and a leader that isn't even coherent. They continually proclaimed a red wave.  This was their election to lose and they did.

The GOP lost its way long ago.

I agree. The biggest problem we have is the youth indoctrination.  Sadly, by the time they realize the folly of their beliefs, it may be too late for the country. We may end up like Europe, Jr.

Online mountaineer

Yes there is a huge problem in this country. It's called indoctrination of our youth with liberal ideology.  Until that is reversed, I don't think things are going to get any better. 
I think we got so wrapped up in national politics we forgot to address matters in our own backyards, including who is sitting on our boards of education and what they are teaching.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
I think we got so wrapped up in national politics we forgot to address matters in our own backyards, including who is sitting on our boards of education and what they are teaching.

Indeed. Again, building from the bottom up is the only solution to stop the liberal leftists and that includes selecting who sits on our local board of education.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Indeed. Again, building from the bottom up is the only solution to stop the liberal leftists and that includes selecting who sits on our local board of education.

888high58888
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Kamaji

@libertybele

:thumbsup:

Not only that, but building from the bottom up means that one ends up having a cadre of well-trained politicos who are ready to step up to the nationals after having developed their expertise at the local level.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Title:
"Newt Gingrich Has a Take on Why Election Night Turned Out to Be Such a Disappointment"

Posting before I read the article...

The main reason (which I doubt Mr. Gingrinch even mentions) is that the voting electorate has changed.
Completely.

It ain't 1994 no mo'.

That which mattered to voters in 1994, isn't the same as what matters in 2022. At least not in the blue and purple states.

The future?
If what has happened to the country during the last two years is not enough to wake up the new majority of the electorate...
... What will ??

Offline roamer_1

We need a take on why Gingrich turned out to be such a disappointment.  That's what we need.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
We need a take on why Gingrich turned out to be such a disappointment.  That's what we need.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Paging Ronna McDaniel:

Nationally, last night showed what many of us feared; there are now 2 distinct Americas. One in tune with reality and the other living in a fantasy.

One cares about your struggles with inflation, the economy, your job, and your shrinking paycheck while the other gleefully tortures you in pursuit of a radical woke agenda.

One believes in parents and their God-given rights over their children, and the other believes in indoctrination, government supremacy, and mutilating healthy bodies.

One believes in the greatness of America and all that she was and can be, while the other views America as systemically bad and seeks to destroy it.

These 2 Americas are at war, and there is no longer any middle ground. Any appeal to common sense, rational thinking, or compromising is over. Moving forward, we need to be crystal clear about who we are, what we believe, and why it is best.

Voters sent a clear message they support those who fight for their beliefs. It is not enough to merely sit on the sidelines and cheer for your team or to be better than the other side. You must be the man in the arena, on the field, actively battling for righteousness.

Our elected officials must realize this and act accordingly. Our battle for the heart and soul of this country did not begin or end last night. We must continue to ensure the America and Texas we love is preserved. The Republican Party of Texas plans to do exactly that.

Ever onward,
Matt Rinaldi
Chairman, Republican Party of Texas

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Paging Ronna McDaniel:

Matt Rinaldi, Chairman, Republican Party of Texas is absolutely 100% correct.  888high58888

Online Lando Lincoln

Paging Ronna McDaniel:

Maybe that’s the new party - The Republican Party of Texas.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

At the very least, Matt is in line for a promotion!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!

Sounds great to me.

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
Sounds great to me.

The Republican Party of Texas   :cheerlead:

Offline corbe

WoW there Nelly, the Texas GOP comes with this azzhole.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.