Author Topic: Ron DeSantis is the new Republican Party leader  (Read 336 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Ron DeSantis is the new Republican Party leader
« on: November 09, 2022, 02:41:38 pm »
 November 9, 2022 8:51am EST
Republicans are ready to move on without Donald Trump

By Liz Peek | Fox News

The biggest winner of the midterm elections was without a doubt Governor Ron DeSantis, whose landslide victory in the state of Florida was breathtaking.

The biggest loser? Donald Trump, whose hand-picked loyalist candidates in a number of races struggled to beat vulnerable Democrats. Once again, the former president may have cost Republicans control of the senate, in a year when it was theirs to lose.

Many will conclude, on the basis of the midterm 2022 results, that the Republican Party is ready to move on, without Donald Trump as its leader.

DeSantis scored a win in Florida that was one for the record books. In Miami-Dade County, a region which President Joe Biden won by 16 percentage points in 2020, the popular governor won easily. Not only was the margin of victory astounding in itself, it also reinforced an emerging reality: Hispanic voters may be shifting their long-term alliance to Republicans.

DeSantis won because he embraced Trumpian policies, stood firm against the woke mob, led his state through the pandemic with brilliance and, more recently, managed the horrific damage done by Hurricane Ian with great competence. Florida residents rewarded the popular governor by reelecting him with roughly a 19-point margin over his opponent Democrat Charlie Crist.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/ron-desantis-new-republican-party-leader
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Ron DeSantis is the new Republican Party leader
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2022, 02:50:42 pm »
It is time for Trump to ride off into the sunset.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2022, 02:56:04 pm »
Simple as that.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2022, 02:57:51 pm »

...... the last Republican president in the lifetimes of you and any children you my have.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2022, 03:04:34 pm »

Well, it looks like Ms. Peek has uncovered McConnell's inner strategy.   88devil

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2022, 03:06:28 pm »
...... the last Republican president in the lifetimes of you and any children you my have.

The future's not ours to see Que Sera, Sera
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2022, 03:11:54 pm »
Agreed....   I don't see another conservative republican president EVER being elected again.  And no...Trump was not a conservative.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2022, 03:12:10 pm »
:amen:

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2022, 04:36:28 pm »

:pondering: Yes I see your point my children where born during Reagan's presidency so yes I agree Reagan was likely the last Republican president of my and their lifetimes.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2022, 04:46:10 pm »

Trump a Republican?  Could have fooled me.  He spends like a Democrat.  Runs his mouth like one, too.

'Me, me, me! Everyone look at me!'
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2022, 04:47:41 pm »
...... you and any children you my have.

Speaking of my children, do you have any idea how much debt Trump saddled them with?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2022, 05:03:40 pm »
Speaking of my children, do you have any idea how much debt Trump saddled them with?
No, but it was republican debt so...

Really my big bitch was that Trump never once vetoed the spending forcing the democrats to own it, he just smiled and signed away. He couldn't have stopped it if the dems and RINOs pushed but at least he could have made a stand.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2022, 05:05:52 pm by GtHawk »