Author Topic: Al Gore urges world leaders, says 'it is not time for moral cowardice'  (Read 321 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Al Gore urges world leaders, says 'it is not time for moral cowardice'
AP , Monday 7 Nov 2022

Former U.S. Vice President Al Gore urged dozens of leaders on Monday to cooperate on the issue of climate change giving world leaders an ultimatum, "Choose life over death" he said, "it is not time for moral cowardice".

Leaders of poorer climate-struck nations were also eager to have their say, pointing their fingers at richer countries saying the should be held accountable for their actions.

Most of the leaders who pleaded for action came from poor nations that caused little of the pollution but often get a larger share of the weather-related damage. Several called on developed nations for reparations, which in climate negotiations is called "loss and damage." Many were from Africa and small island nations.

"Africa should not pay for crimes they have not committed,'' Central African Republic President Faustin Archange Touadera said, adding that rich nations were to blame for the climate problem.

https://english.ahram.org.eg/News/479310.aspx
« Last Edit: November 08, 2022, 03:56:43 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Al Gore urges world leaders, says 'it is not time for moral cowardice'
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2022, 04:01:03 pm »
  "Choose life over death" he said,

Definition of life:  "I haven't made enough money off this scam yet.  It's still good for millions of dollars!" *look*
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2022, 09:38:33 pm »
Has ManBearPig been right about any of his scaremongering, even just a tiny little bit? He is the original Greta, ignorant and controlled by others. Hey Algore was life good when your family was getting all that Occidental Petroleum cash, what exactly was daddy doing to get all that Hammer money?

Offline LMAO

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2022, 11:57:24 pm »
From which one of his mansions did he make his declaration
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy