Author Topic: Deep Green West Australian Government Considering Diesel Generators to Keep the Lights On  (Read 234 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
GOVERNMENT IDIOCYINTERMITTENT WIND AND SOLAR
Deep Green West Australian Government Considering Diesel Generators to Keep the Lights On
13 hours ago Eric Worrall 77 Comments
Essay by Eric Worrall

“… There was a lukewarm response from the market to supply extra capacity …”

‘Dirty’ diesel generators may be needed during Perth summer as WA energy crisis deepens

By Daniel Mercer

The body that runs Western Australia’s biggest power system may have to spend tens of millions of dollars hiring diesel-fired backup generators as part of desperate efforts to keep the lights on this summer.

Key points:

WA’s power supplies have suffered from widespread disruption
There was a lukewarm response from the market to supply extra capacity
Generators may be needed if the electricity grid is overloaded

Amid widespread disruptions to WA’s power supplies, the Australian Energy Market Operator called for bids in September from energy companies and users to provide an extra 174MW of capacity for four months from December 1.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2022/11/07/deep-green-west-australian-government-considering-diesel-generators-to-keep-the-lights-on/
« Last Edit: November 08, 2022, 03:30:17 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
Used to do emissions inventories for our plants.... 

Diesel generators (whichwere  emergency generators in our case) The emission factors for these are  like 50X the TSP (Particulate) and 2-5X the emissions of VOC NOX, CO, than our NG  versions.

Have come to a final conclusion....   Green=Stupid
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.