Author Topic: Standard US cargo plane will fire cruise missiles on November 9  (Read 124 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Standard US cargo plane will fire cruise missiles on November 9
« on: November 08, 2022, 12:51:15 pm »

Standard US cargo plane will fire cruise missiles on November 9
By Boyko Nikolov On Nov 8, 2022

OSLO ($1=10.24 Norwegian Krones) — The coasts of northern Norway will host an exercise of NATO’s allied forces. It will be held from November 9th to November 11th. During the exercise, for the first time in history, a live firing of cruise missiles launched from a standard military cargo plane will be demonstrated.

The system is called Rapid Dragon and was developed by the American company Lockheed Martin and its division Lockheed Martin Missiles and Fire Control. This is a completely new missile system, designed in 2020 and entered service in 2021. Currently, the only operator is the US Army.

About Rapid Dragon
Rapid Dragon palletized missile system, which during a mission is lowered from the cargo compartment of the aircraft. It consists of deployment boxes. This deployment box is loaded most often with cruise missiles. He is descending with a parachute. During the fall to earth, the deployment box releases the cruise missiles. The release of the cruise missiles can follow two methods: gradual release of each missile one at a time, or all missiles can be released simultaneously. Each cruise missile deploys its wings and ignites its propulsion motor. Followed by initiate/pull-up and capture/climb to cruise.

https://bulgarianmilitary.com/2022/11/08/standard-us-cargo-plane-will-fire-cruise-missiles-on-november-9/
« Last Edit: November 08, 2022, 12:52:29 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson