Author Topic: Mid-term Election 2022 Live Thread – Welcome to the Party Pal!  (Read 62822 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Re: Mid-term Election 2022 Live Thread – Welcome to the Party Pal!
« Reply #1925 on: December 07, 2022, 09:32:34 pm »
Look at the demographic change in those counties between the charted years and you'll have your answer.

I don't get knocked off guard much anymore when it comes to politics, but that made my head snap back.

It just confirms the balkanization theory. If you can hoodwink large pop counties to that degree, it's hard to think things will change no matter how bad our govt gets.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2022, 09:33:45 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1926 on: December 07, 2022, 09:32:43 pm »
Almost 90% for Clayton, 86% for DeKalb.

WTH?

Clayton County Schools lost their accreditation a few years back, if that tells you anything.  A Clayton County high school diploma would not get you into college.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #1927 on: December 07, 2022, 09:39:00 pm »
I don't care what Karl Rove has to say about anything!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #1928 on: December 07, 2022, 09:41:52 pm »
I don't care what Karl Rove has to say about anything!

So where does Rove need to stick his little white board Mr. Bigun?   :silly:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline berdie

« Reply #1929 on: December 07, 2022, 09:46:26 pm »
I don't get knocked off guard much anymore when it comes to politics, but that made my head snap back.

It just confirms the balkanization theory. If you can hoodwink large pop counties to that degree, it's hard to think things will change no matter how bad our govt gets.

So would an electoral college in each state help to equalize things? Probably not possible but it could put the larger counties and cities on hold.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #1930 on: December 07, 2022, 10:05:37 pm »

So would an electoral college in each state help to equalize things? Probably not possible but it could put the larger counties and cities on hold.

There have been proposals to do it by Congressional district instead of all-or-nothing.

If it had been done across the nation at the time, Romney would have beat Obama.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #1931 on: December 07, 2022, 10:07:55 pm »
So where does Rove need to stick his little white board Mr. Bigun?   :silly:

I don't care what he does with that either!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #1932 on: December 07, 2022, 10:19:51 pm »

That was the case prior to a ruling in the 1960's that declared it unconstitutional.

I believe this was it:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reynolds_v._Sims#:~:text=Sims%2C%20377%20U.S.%20533%20(1964,be%20roughly%20equal%20in%20population.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #1933 on: December 07, 2022, 10:24:59 pm »
1776 Project Pac
@1776ProjectPac

You may not know this, because national races get all the attention, but over 100 school boards nationwide flipped conservative in this election cycle.

This will have a greater impact on our country's future than anything the 118th Congress does in the next two years.

11:33 AM · Dec 7, 2022

That is great news and I certainly agree; it will have a great impact on our country's future. I would love to see that number rapidly multiply.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.