Author Topic: Ted Cruz hit by beer can…  (Read 1312 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Ted Cruz hit by beer can…
« on: November 08, 2022, 12:01:26 pm »
Citizen Free Press 11/7/2022

https://twitter.com/CitizenFreePres/status/1589803918477119488

He was supposed to catch it and have a free beer.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Ted Cruz hit by beer can…
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2022, 12:07:17 pm »
What kind of Beer?
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2022, 12:24:36 pm »
What kind of Beer?

“Tolerant Left”. It’s a new IPA.
What is the gospel? I’ll put it in a sentence.
The gospel is the news that Jesus Christ, the Righteous One, died for our sins and rose again, eternally triumphant over all his enemies, so that there is now no condemnation for those who believe, but only everlasting joy.
That’s the gospel. (John Piper)

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2022, 12:40:23 pm »
“Tolerant Left”. It’s a new IPA.

888high58888

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2022, 05:14:26 pm »
It's just youthful high jinx.

Nothing to see here, move along.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2022, 06:07:16 pm »
What kind of Beer?

It wasn't beer.  It was White Claw.

https://twitter.com/tedcruz/status/1589758574078570496

The perp was arrested and charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.  Not sure what Texas law says.  But in Virginia, throwing anything at a moving vehicle (including a snowball) is no different than shooting at it with a gun.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Wingnut

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2022, 07:20:10 pm »
White Claw?  Well that explains his preferred pronouns and party affiliation.

Online libertybele

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2022, 07:37:27 pm »
I can only imagine the mayhem that is going to erupt should the GOP take the House or Senate.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2022, 08:10:10 pm »
NY Post:
Man accused of hurling hard seltzer cans at Ted Cruz ID’d: ‘I’m an idiot’
By Snejana Farberov   
November 8, 2022 2:52pm
The man who’s been accused of hurling two full cans of hard seltzer at Sen. Ted Cruz during the Houston Astros World Series victory parade Monday has been identified — as prosecutors revealed he shamefully admitted “I am an idiot” while being arrested.

Joseph Arcidiacono, 33, made his initial court appearance overnight and was charged with felony aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.

A judge set the suspect’s bond at $40,000, despite a public’s defender’s argument that the aluminum cans did not meet the requirements of being considered deadly weapons.

Arcidiacono was released from jail after being ordered to wear a GPS ankle monitor, stay at least 1,000 feet away from Sen. Cruz’s work and home, and avoid making threats against him, reported the station ABC13.

As he was being taken into custody, the seltzer-slinging suspect told cops: “I know, I’m an idiot. I’m sorry,” according to prosecutors. ...

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2022, 08:38:15 pm »
I can only imagine the mayhem that is going to erupt should the GOP take the House or Senate.

I'm looking forward to it.  :2popcorn:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2022, 09:01:58 pm »
Perp with nose ring of course....

Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2022, 04:19:41 am »
Perp with nose ring of course....

You would think those things would just make it harder for them to pick their noses...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2022, 04:37:20 am »
You would think those things would just make it harder for them to pick their noses...

I like jewelry on an opponent. Makes for a handy handle in a fight.  happy77

I NEVER wear anything of the sort, except maybe a necklace, with a knot designed to break away.

But you could grab that nose ring and lead that boy around...
Makes for great entertainment.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2022, 05:04:46 am »
I like jewelry on an opponent. Makes for a handy handle in a fight.  happy77

I NEVER wear anything of the sort, except maybe a necklace, with a knot designed to break away.

But you could grab that nose ring and lead that boy around...
Makes for great entertainment.

Lol, at my age about my only good punch is somewhere in the vicinity of where I do my wood chopping strokes. I guess I could ask them very kindly to place their head steady in the general zone of where it would do them the most harm. Used to have a quite vicious left hand jab, but it has slowed to jello speed now days.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2022, 01:05:25 pm »
Lol, at my age about my only good punch is somewhere in the vicinity of where I do my wood chopping strokes. I guess I could ask them very kindly to place their head steady in the general zone of where it would do them the most harm. Used to have a quite vicious left hand jab, but it has slowed to jello speed now days.

Adopt a walking cane... with a weighted handle. Granted, mine is more of a necessity, but the few times in the last decade I have got in that sort of trouble... well, it's been handy to have along... One of its few assorted attributes. And after 50 and gimped up, nobody seems to think it too much advantage. Not even the cops.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2023, 02:28:15 am »
Grand jury declines to indict man accused of throwing beer at Ted Cruz

https://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/article/ted-cruz-assault-charges-dropped-17702774.php

"Many generous, fun, semi-stupid, legendary moments have happened during Astros Championship Parades," the man's lawyers said in his defense.

Houston Astros fan Joseph Halm Arcidiacono has another victory to celebrate this week, as he was no-billed by a grand jury that decided not to indict him for throwing cans of alcohol at Sen. Ted Cruz during the team's World Series parade in early November.

Arcidiacono, 33, was originally charged with "aggravated assault with a deadly weapon" and posted a bond set at $40,000 after he hurled two unopened cans of what appeared to be White Claw toward the senator as he waved to crowds lining Smith Street. Following the incident, HPD announced via Twitter that Cruz had been struck in the chest and neck area but did not require medical attention and that Arcidiacono had been arrested.

While being detained, Arcidiacono allegedly told officers, "I know, I'm an idiot. I'm sorry."

According to Arcidiacono's lawyers, the accused held that his "dream" was to get an Astros player to chug one of the beers from his cooler during the parade, as many athletes have been known to do. Arcidiacono similarly claimed he was attempting to throw a can to Cruz with hopes that he'd crack one open and guzzle it down. (We recommend the more casual underhand toss, like slow-pitch softball, should anyone attempt this in the future.)