Author Topic: Michigan's Whitmer refers to women as 'people with a period' in final midterm pitch to voters  (Read 731 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 November 7, 2022 1:51pm EST
Michigan's Whitmer refers to women as 'people with a period' in final midterm pitch to voters
Whitmer and other Democrats have been accused of minimizing women
By Anders Hagstrom | Fox News

Democratic Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer referred to women as "people with a period" in a brief address to TikTok on Monday.

Whitmer, who is up for re-election on Tuesday and facing Republican challenger Tudor Dixon, made the statement while discussing menstrual products. Democrats in Washington and across the country have come under fire for refusing to refer to women as such, often creating complicated definitions to include transgender people.

"A bipartisan tax cut will help reduce the economic burden of the cost of menstrual products, especially for lower-income Michiganders," Whitmer says in the clip. "Saving people with a period from paying taxes on up to $4,800 in spending over the course of their lifetime."

The latest polling shows Whitmer with a nearly 9-point lead over Dixon ahead of Tuesday's election, with the incumbent sitting at 51.7% support and challenger at 43.1%. According to a new WDIV/Detroit News poll, inflation and abortion are the top issues for Michigan voters.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/michigans-whitmer-refers-women-people-period-final-midterm-pitch-voters
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline rustynail

What about those with a semicolon?

Offline Polly Ticks

Yes, and what about post-menopausal women?

This whole gender appropriation thing is so insane.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline roamer_1

It is completely insane. And it surprises me that more women are not extremely pissed off about it... if not for themselves than for their daughters, and their safety and security...

And most of all, feminists, of all people, whose doctrine raises females - genetic females - high above any other thing. They should be apoplectic.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

LOL..that includes me...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
They got left holding the bag...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

They got left holding the bag...

HA!  :silly:

That was so bad...

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Women that don't  have periods are not people?

Then what are they?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
"Only Women Bleed"*

-Alice Cooper.

* I believe the song was about domestic abuse but I'll take it in its literal meaning for Gov Wittless's comment.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
"Only Women Bleed"*

-Alice Cooper.

* I believe the song was about domestic abuse but I'll take it in its literal meaning for Gov Wittless's comment.

Oh my. Remember the kerfuffle surrounding that song?
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline mountaineer

Is that what you have after surgery for diverticulosis?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org