Author Topic: Trump tells allies he could announce 2024 bid tonight: source  (Read 6043 times)

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: Trump tells allies he could announce 2024 bid tonight: source
« Reply #75 on: November 08, 2022, 03:34:28 pm »
Debt hasn't been an issue because of depressed interest rates since the 2008 Financial Collapse.

It will become more of an issue as normalizing interest rates increase the annual cost to service the Debt.

The Debt is an obtuse concept.  The annual precentage of the Federal Budget that services the Debt is real.  It will eat into discretionary spending, and put pressure to reduce non-discretionary spending.

$30 trillion?  $40 trillion? That's conceptual.  Mitch McConnell's and Chuck Schumer's inability to build roads to nowhere is real.

The $h!t hits the fan when the debtor can no longer afford to make timely payments.  That's when the Ponzi scheme collapses.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #76 on: November 08, 2022, 03:50:27 pm »
Jack Posobiec 🇺🇸
@JackPosobiec

Never Trumpers were puckering hard that he was going to announce tonight! Take a cold shower, boys, you’ll be ok

8:08 PM · Nov 7, 2022

Online roamer_1

« Reply #77 on: November 08, 2022, 04:05:02 pm »
You are 100% right @roamer_1

Here's a little chart I put together that show additional debt incurred per year by POTUS.  Guess who No. 1 offender was....  And man did it accelerate.  Trump is no fiscal conservative.

1. Trump- $1.707T/yr.
2. Obama- $1.039T/yr.
3. GWB- $763B/yr.
4. GWHB- $388B/yr.
5. Reagan- $232B/yr.
6. WJC- $174B/yr.

And a fiscal conservative, more than any other thing, is what we need the most. Otherwise, all you're doing is building and preserving even MORE government for the Democrats to take to their advantage next time around. Their power to control you and me is directly and proportionally tied to the size and cost of the government they have at their disposal. If you're spending more money and making more government, you are only helping the Democrats to succeed.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #78 on: November 08, 2022, 04:11:41 pm »
And a fiscal conservative, more than any other thing, is what we need the most. Otherwise, all you're doing is building and preserving even MORE government for the Democrats to take to their advantage next time around. Their power to control you and me is directly and proportionally tied to the size and cost of the government they have at their disposal. If you're spending more money and making more government, you are only helping the Democrats to succeed.

A perfect example of this is the Dept of Homeland Security. It was created with the promise that it would monitor those that would harm the homeland but as we see it’s morphed into an agency that’s made to go after whoever disagrees with the current administration

My tagline is a quote from Barry Goldwater. And boy was he right
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online roamer_1

« Reply #79 on: November 08, 2022, 04:17:45 pm »
A perfect example of this is the Dept of Homeland Security. It was created with the promise that it would monitor those that would harm the homeland but as we see it’s morphed into an agency that’s made to go after whoever disagrees with the current administration

My tagline is a quote from Barry Goldwater. And boy was he right

That's damn well right - Many of the problematic institutions of our government were inventions from the Republicans with terrible unforeseen consequences.

Better to operate from a strictly federalist position and know that ALL government, while necessary, is best served in as small a serving as possible. Let the market and the Church handle the rest.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #80 on: November 08, 2022, 04:32:29 pm »
...all you latent "Never Trumpers' still thinking there's an "I TOLD YOU SO!!" in your future!

I think you are confusing the term 'Never Trump' with 'Never Liberal'.  The two are not the same.  When Trump does something Conservative, you get the support of #NeverLiberals.  When Trump does something liberal (like sign off to massive deficit spending), then you do not get the support of #NeverLiberals.

Let's review:

Trump does something Conservative  →  #NeverLiberals support.
Trump does something Liberal          →  #NeverLiberals oppose.

Your characterization of many on this forum as #NeverTrumpers is complete bullshit.  And it has been complete bullshit now for the past seven years.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline DB

« Reply #81 on: November 08, 2022, 04:44:13 pm »
To put it bluntly, the spending is consuming everything.

Our standard of living is in free fall because of it.

I've come to the conclusion that we've already passed critical mass of those who think they can vote to take more for themselves at someone else's expense. We're past the point of someone else's money and are now simply creating it out of thin air. It can only fail. Once that happens, it's a ride to the bottom. The only question is how long.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #82 on: November 08, 2022, 04:47:02 pm »
Debt hasn't been an issue because of depressed interest rates since the 2008 Financial Collapse.

Artificially depressed interest rates.

It will become more of an issue as normalizing interest rates increase the annual cost to service the Debt.

Oh just wait till folks with adjustable mortgages have to pack 5 to 10 points on half million dollar mortgages and up... with insurance premiums adjusting upward to go along with it...

I ain't in my best position - That would be up in the holler in a hand-built cabin.

But even this place... I own it free and clear, and will stand well away from the coming carnage in real estate. Inevitably the property values will go under water to make the last time look like a day at the beach.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #83 on: November 08, 2022, 04:48:49 pm »

Your characterization of many on this forum as #NeverTrumpers is complete bullshit.  And it has been complete bullshit now for the past seven years.

That's right.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #84 on: November 08, 2022, 04:51:02 pm »

I've come to the conclusion that we've already passed critical mass of those who think they can vote to take more for themselves at someone else's expense. We're past the point of someone else's money and are now simply creating it out of thin air. It can only fail. Once that happens, it's a ride to the bottom. The only question is how long.

Oh if only it would stop at the bottom! There's a crater coming and the bottom of THAT is where we will land.

I don't know if it can be fixed. Way above my pay grade. but I doubt anyone is willing to fix it at this point. Including most Republicans.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #85 on: November 08, 2022, 04:51:37 pm »

And fiscal issues should be issue number one, two, and  three for conservatives

It’s mind boggling watching people who are conservative Republicans attack @roamer_1 and others  for making fiscal issues a top priority. Donald Trump can’t be that important?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online roamer_1

« Reply #86 on: November 08, 2022, 04:55:12 pm »
And fiscal issues should be issue number one, two, and  three for conservatives

It’s mind boggling watching people who are conservative Republicans attack @roamer_1 and others  for making fiscal issues a top priority. Donald Trump can’t be that important?

Populism. They don't want folks like us cramping their buzz...  happy77

But the bill is coming due, sure as God made little green apples.  :nono:

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #87 on: November 08, 2022, 04:56:26 pm »
Oh just wait till folks with adjustable mortgages have to pack 5 to 10 points on half million dollar mortgages and up... with insurance premiums adjusting upward to go along with it...

On the flip side of that, look at the lenders who are holding the fixed rate mortgages of loan payers at 3-4%.  They are now watching their investments decline in value as the 3% interest they are collecting is wiped out by 10% inflation.  And their only courses of action are to sell the mortgages for less than their face value, or to pounce on foreclosure at the first opportunity and resell the property. 
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #88 on: November 08, 2022, 05:00:43 pm »
I think you are confusing the term 'Never Trump' with 'Never Liberal'.  The two are not the same.  When Trump does something Conservative, you get the support of #NeverLiberals.  When Trump does something liberal (like sign off to massive deficit spending), then you do not get the support of #NeverLiberals.

Let's review:

Not everyone fits into this black and white "NeverTrumper" vs. "Maga" dichotomy that these guys have constructed. Life just isn't that simple. That's the way I see it.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #89 on: November 08, 2022, 05:05:19 pm »
Not everyone fits into this black and white "NeverTrumper" vs. "Maga" dichotomy that these guys have constructed. Life just isn't that simple. That's the way I see it.

They do not allow for #SometimesTrump.  Either you're all in (including the liberal stuff like federal funding for Planned Parenthood), or you're #NeverTrump.  It is a logical fallacy.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online roamer_1

« Reply #90 on: November 08, 2022, 05:07:26 pm »
On the flip side of that, look at the lenders who are holding the fixed rate mortgages of loan payers at 3-4%.  They are now watching their investments decline in value as the 3% interest they are collecting is wiped out by 10% inflation.  And their only courses of action are to sell the mortgages for less than their face value, or to pounce on foreclosure at the first opportunity and resell the property.

That's right too - They will be forced to call the note to stem the bleeding in the hope they can resell in a down trending market. It is going to be a bloodbath. It has to be.

I wish I had got my cabin built up in the holler... I would be sitting on the money from this place and ready to buy after the crater.

But as it is, I can't get hurt much. I am in this place at a third of it's present value, if I don't include the elbow grease... At worst I will be pretty immune, even though I might lose value. I will still be floating.

Offline DB

« Reply #91 on: November 08, 2022, 05:09:00 pm »
Calling someone NeverTrump is essentially like calling them a racist to end the conversation. It doesn't matter the subject or the truth. It is the universal defense of the indefensible.

Yes, there are those who hate Trump so much that their world is completely wrapped around him - like Liz Cheney.

But I don't know of any Liz Cheney's here.

« Reply #92 on: November 08, 2022, 06:51:59 pm »
Donny has trouble sharing the limelight and news cycle.

He's the best GOTV tool the dims have.

No one has worked as hard as DJT this election cycle  ----- bringing his limelight to republican candidates up and down state ballots across the nation @catfish1957

Online roamer_1

« Reply #93 on: November 08, 2022, 06:55:16 pm »
No one has worked as hard as DJT this election cycle  ----- bringing his limelight to republican candidates up and down state ballots across the nation @catfish1957

Those that kissed the ring anyway...  :whistle:

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #94 on: November 08, 2022, 06:59:03 pm »

The same Trump that brought Oz and Walker to the mix? 

Yeah, that's worked out so well in what should be GOP landslides.

OTOH, and with that and what you covered......  will grant that DJT brings a tremendous amount of energy to the electoral cycle.  So yes, he's been on the whole a net positive. I like him much more as elder statesman and cheerleader than leader of the free world.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #95 on: November 08, 2022, 07:02:56 pm »
Lets wait to see how we do before we start pointing fingers here...
« Last Edit: November 08, 2022, 07:05:35 pm by Weird Tolkienish Figure »

« Reply #96 on: November 08, 2022, 07:08:42 pm »
....  I like him much more as elder statesman and cheerleader than leader of the free world.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #97 on: November 08, 2022, 07:15:01 pm »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #98 on: November 08, 2022, 10:22:24 pm »
@sneakypete

So DeSantis is the problem? He's no lilly-liver.

@roamer_1
No,DeSantis is NOT the problem. The problem is people like you,who are so determined to undermine Trump,you  don't give a damn if the dims maintain control.

I would prefer to see DeSantis remain Gov of Florida for as long as possible because not only do we need a man like him heading up that important state,we need THAT man heading it up,not a stand-in.

I would like to see DeSantis running as Trump's VP running mate,though. Trump can only hold office for 4 years,and DeSantis would be in the catbird's seat come the next election.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online corbe

« Reply #99 on: November 08, 2022, 10:23:09 pm »

Let's review:

As Trump said himself:  "I could shoot someone on 5th Avenue and the #AlwaysTrumpers will still Love Me".
« Last Edit: November 08, 2022, 10:24:11 pm by corbe »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.