Author Topic: DeSantis issues state of emergency for 34 Florida counties ahead of approaching Subtropical Storm Ni  (Read 1076 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 November 7, 2022 2:34pm EST
DeSantis issues state of emergency for 34 Florida counties ahead of approaching Subtropical Storm Nicole
The governor has not told anyone to stay indoors or evacuate at this time

By Ronn Blitzer | Fox News

Gov. Ron DeSantis issued a state of emergency for 34 Florida counties on Monday in preparation for what is currently known as Subtropical Storm Nicole, which is expected to begin impacting the state as early as Tuesday.

This system could become a hurricane before making landfall somewhere along the Florida Coast Wednesday night into Thursday. It will then crawl up the East Coast through the weekend as a possible Nor’easter.   

DeSantis' order is a cautionary move. The announcement was made the day before Election Day, and the emergency order did not say that people should refrain from going to the polls. A press release from the governor's office advised people to have a disaster plan, know if they live in a flood or evacuation zone, have multiple ways to get weather alerts and keep half-full gas tanks.

"While this storm does not, at this time, appear that it will become much stronger, I urge all Floridians to be prepared and to listen to announcements from local emergency management officials," DeSantis said in a statement. "We will continue to monitor the trajectory and strength of this storm as it moves towards Florida."

DeSantis's order noted that as of Monday morning, Nicole was seen 555 miles east of the Bahamas and that the National Hurricane Center predicted it would affect the east coast of Florida, including areas that had been hit by Hurricane Ian.

https://twitter.com/BryanDGriffin/status/1589675348840833026

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/desantis-issues-state-emergency-34-florida-counties-ahead-approaching-subtropical-storm-nicole
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Is this why @libertybele hasn't been here for a few days... :pondering:
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
November 7, 2022 2:34pm EST
DeSantis issues state of emergency for 34 Florida counties ahead of approaching Subtropical Storm Nicole
The governor has not told anyone to stay indoors or evacuate at this time

There is another model that shows a totally different path.  Put what the hey. 
« Last Edit: November 07, 2022, 11:36:00 pm by Wingnut »
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline libertybele

Is this why @libertybele hasn't been here for a few days... :pondering:

I was in the hospital with heart issues (sigh). 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

There is another model that shows a totally different path.  Put what the hey.

Where is it supposed to go??  Who really knows.  They projected IAN wrong -- perhaps this could still come up the Gulf??

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I was in the hospital with heart issues (sigh).

OMG...how are you???
@libertybele
« Last Edit: November 08, 2022, 02:26:34 am by mystery-ak »
Support the USO

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Where is it supposed to go??  Who really knows.  They projected IAN wrong -- perhaps this could still come up the Gulf??

Pushes off in the Atlantic.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline libertybele

OMG...how are you???
@libertybele

One day at a time -- I have an appointment with a surgeon next week.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Oh my....
Support the USO

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.

Rest assured, you will be covered in prayer.
What is the gospel? I’ll put it in a sentence.
The gospel is the news that Jesus Christ, the Righteous One, died for our sins and rose again, eternally triumphant over all his enemies, so that there is now no condemnation for those who believe, but only everlasting joy.
That’s the gospel. (John Piper)

Offline libertybele

Rest assured, you will be covered in prayer.

happy77  I am very grateful for those prayers.

Online DB

happy77  I am very grateful for those prayers.

Take care.