Author Topic: New Jersey Grocery Store Shelves Could Be Bare In Less Than Two Weeks  (Read 586 times)

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat

There is a real possibility that our New Jersey grocery store shelves will be barren in less than two weeks.

I remember when COVID first started my husband and I went to Costco to stock up and it was a jarring experience.  There were hundreds of other people doing the same thing and we were all lined up outside being let in 20 people at a time.  It was scary.  Inside, the shelves were getting bare and I started to cry.

Food stores are a staple in our lives and we always see them overflowing with food so when we see scarcity it is ominous.

https://943thepoint.com/new-jersey-grocery-store-shelves-could-be-bare-in-less-than-two-weeks/
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Re: New Jersey Grocery Store Shelves Could Be Bare In Less Than Two Weeks
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2022, 06:30:27 pm »
I think this could go to any state now
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2022, 06:31:41 pm »
This is why our ancestors grew their own food.

We've been suckered.
The Republic is lost.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2022, 10:39:30 pm »
PLEASE. I implore everyone:

It costs VERY LITTLE to operate a pantry. Especially in a time of inflation.
Look at it like a savings account - except in food. There is little loss in carrying 3 months to 3 years of canned and dry goods in your house - You WILL eat them someday. You WILL realize value. There is very little spoilage in such things.

What you buy today is going to go farther and cost less than what you will buy tomorrow, until inflation is under control.

Now things are getting rough, even out here... There are things I cannot buy from the grocer... My beloved Rooster sauce has been gone from the shelves, or only very intermittently available, since before spring. And I am currently on my last bottle.

Kraft Mac and Cheese (which I keep around) is likewise a difficulty from time to time - I have never before found that to be unavailable... But now it often is.

But it would be impossible for me to starve, barring someone taking what I have, or the house burning down... I could very likely live for a year or better on beans and rice alone, not to mention all the rest I have put by.

This is no aberration, this thing that I do. This practice is done everywhere in rural settings. Every farmer or rancher you know has months if not years of food put up in the pantry and the root cellar. Because the going gets tough often out on the farm... So it pays to lay stores up. Always.

The very same can be practiced in suburbia and in the cities. Y'all won't put it up yourselves, but canned goods are cheap by the case. Especially if you can be content with store brands instead of name brands. Dry goods are so cheap by the 10 or 25 pound bag that it is ridiculous what y'all pay at the grocer for smaller portions. I mean crazy.

So start buying extra and putting it away. Start finding sources for case lots, and places to buy bulk (that ain't Costco)...

500 bucks, or maybe a thousand will put a significant buffer between you and days of suffering. And a significant buffer between you and unavailable things at the store. It ain't so bad if something ain't on the shelves if you already have several of that thing in rotation.

It literally takes nothing except figuring where to put it and increasing your purchasing to buy a little extra every time. 6 cans instead of 2... every time, means you are growing your pantry by 4 cans - Soon that is a case on the shelf.

Please listen! This is SO easy, reasonably cheap, super scalable to your personal ability, and the very best thing you could do, right now, today, to fortify your position.

Seriously!

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2022, 10:48:25 pm »
The climate change will kill us all by then so no matter....

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2022, 10:50:52 pm »
I think this could go to any state now

Especially if it turns into a panic. Keep a sharp eye, this can get out of hand really quick. As can bank runs.

And if the Rats lose big tomorrow, don't put it past them to use it to grab power.

We are skating in dangerous and potentially volatile, explosive territory.
The Republic is lost.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2022, 10:53:58 pm »
A possible campaign slogan for Mr. Trump when he runs in 2024:
"Let's Re-ENERGIZE America".

One of the first meetings he should call after his second inauguration is of major oil executives, and tell each of the CEO's that he wants a new refinery to begin construction from EACH of them.

And... that all permitting and ecological barriers will be removed by emergency declarations.

Get the work going and KEEP it going.

And don't say it can't be done.

Remember when obama said something to the effect "what's the use of drilling for new oil, it will take years to come to actual production"?

Well, under Mr. Trump, what happened?

If it can be done with petroleum production, it can ALSO be done with petroleum refining.

All that's required is the will and commitment to do so.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2022, 10:55:47 pm »
I see more and more empty shelves at the stores I go to.

I started months ago buying a little extra every time I went shopping...

I have freezers full of meats and a pantry full of can goods and dry goods.

I bought most of this when prices were reasonable, now the same items have doubled and tripled..
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2022, 12:43:56 am »
Pardon my french but bleep this is scary. My wife does the shopping, is this really still a problem? For some reason I thought this had dissipated? I'm not worried about me, i have enough stored energy on me to last a while. Just my son.