Author Topic: Sen. Mike Lee: No 'Business As Usual' If GOP Wins; 'We Will Be on a Short Leash'  (Read 308 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Sen. Mike Lee: No 'Business As Usual' If GOP Wins; 'We Will Be on a Short Leash'
SUSAN JONES
| NOVEMBER 7, 2022 | 5:18AM EST

(CNSNews.com) - "There's going to be a red wave election. And I can't wait. I can't wait to get back to doing things the way they're supposed to be done," Sen. Mike Lee (R-Utah) said on Sunday.

"And make no mistake" Lee told Fox News's Maria Bartiromo, "if we as Republicans are given another chance to control both houses of Congress, we understand that we will be on a short leash. We understand that things can't be business as usual. We have got to undertake this effort to combat inflation seriously, aggressively, and by reining in federal spending and reining in excesses and abuses of government that have been going on for far too long."

Lee listed his priorities as follows: "I think it's imperative that Republicans come together around spending reform, around regulatory reform, and on aggressive oversight for the next two years."

https://cnsnews.com/article/washington/susan-jones/sen-mike-lee-no-business-usual-if-gop-wins-we-will-be-short-leash
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
blah, blah, blah.  Republicans have made threats like this before prior to elections and then chickensh*tted out. :scared smiley:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
You darn right!
The Republic is lost.

Offline LMAO

blah, blah, blah.  Republicans have made threats like this before prior to elections and then chickensh*tted out. :scared smiley:

We will probably see better performance out of  Republican governors than Republicans in Congress
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Sen. Mike Lee: No 'Business As Usual' If GOP Wins; 'We Will Be on a Short Leash'

:yowsa: You can make book on it!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Hoodat

Lee is on board.  Unfortunately, he is in the minority.  Republicans have to be willing to shut the government down, because it will always come down to that.  Democrats continually push spending bills far in excess of what the Treasury allows, and when Republicans balk, they get blamed for shutting the government down.  For once, Republicans need to call their bluff.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
We will probably see better performance out of  Republican governors than Republicans in Congress

:yowsa:

That's where the hay is to be made.

All I hope for is we swamp them in the House, enough to overcome the RINO's and stop Sniffy's agenda cold.
The Republic is lost.