Author Topic: At Sunday Sermon, Warnock Calls on Worshippers to Vote  (Read 178 times)

Offline Hoodat

At Sunday Sermon, Warnock Calls on Worshippers to Vote
« on: November 07, 2022, 06:00:14 pm »
At Sunday Sermon, Warnock Calls on Worshippers to Vote

Jackson Elliott  |  November 6, 2022  |  Updated: November 7, 2022

ATLANTA, Ga.—Sen. Rev. Raphael Warnock (D-Ga.) used his Sunday sermon at Ebenezer Baptist Church to encourage the congregants to vote.

The senator wore an African-patterned vestment. He occasionally sang along with his church’s gospel choir while waiting to preach. At one point, he led worship.

Every attendee needed to present proof of COVID-19 vaccination to enter the building.

Warnock seemed to grow less tense and tired as the service continued. Several times, he brought the congregation of around 400 people to its feet.

Warnock’s sermon mainly focused on how believers often only recognize God’s work after it has happened. He referenced his election campaign for Senate.

“My dad, wearing a soldier’s uniform, couldn’t even keep his bus seat. Now I sit in a Senate seat,” he said.

A voter registration table inside Ebenezer Baptist Church in Atlanta, Georgia on Nov. 6, 2022. (Jackson Elliott/The Epoch Times)

.  .  .  Some voters said abortion was the most important election issue for them.

“I never thought that [restricting abortion] was a subject to be discussed. It surprised me that you can go back,” said Birgitte Houen-Tolstrup.

She added that she didn’t normally go to church but went to support Warnock.

Deaconess Irmogene Alexander also said abortion is important in this election.

“I don’t think that other people should decide on what a woman is doing with her body,” she said.  .  .

https://www.theepochtimes.com/at-sunday-sermon-warnock-calls-on-worshippers-to-vote_4845694.html
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

Re: At Sunday Sermon, Warnock Calls on Worshippers to Vote
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2022, 06:12:29 pm »
Alexander said that Ebenezer Baptist Church didn’t own the low-rent housing in the story.

“Ebenezer does not own that complex,” she said.

According to documents obtained by the Free Beacon, the church has 99 percent ownership of the low-rent housing.

Several congregants said they were concerned that Georgia’s new voting laws would suppress voter turnout. But when asked, none presented any instance where someone they knew couldn’t vote.

This is what you call 'choosing to be deceived'.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-