Author Topic: Navy Leads Industry Design Team for New DDGX Destroyer to Fight into 2060s  (Read 167 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Navy Leads Industry Design Team for New DDGX Destroyer to Fight into 2060s

The DDG X Destroyer Warship envisions two 600kw lasers firing from the back of the ship, Rolling Airframe Missiles and the powerful long-range radar, the A/N SPY 6 v1 system.
KRIS OSBORN, WARRIOR MAVEN - CENTER FOR MILITARY MODERNIZATIONUPDATED:NOV 4, 2022ORIGINAL:JUL 7, 2022
Wikipedia

HOME
U.S. NAVY NEWS
By Kris Osborn - President & Editor-In-Chief, Warrior Maven

(Washington D.C.) High-powered lasers to incinerate enemy drones, more deck-launched interceptor cells, larger, longer range and more lethal missiles and a breakthrough on-board power storage and distribution system are just a few of the technologies being planned for the Navy’s futuristic, next-generation Destroyer.

While largely conceptual at the moment, the Navy’s DDG X program has already made considerable progress with requirements, conceptual work and computer simulation such that some initial renderings and technology integration schemes are taking shape. Most recently, the Navy has brought two prominent shipbuilders into the process, HII and General Dynamics. These shipbuilders, both of which have in recent years-built destroyers, will contribute to the ongoing design work. They were brought in to support a Navy-led design team, according to comments made by Chief of Naval Operations Adm. Michael Gilday cited in USNI. The Navy is expected to take a leadership role with the ongoing design work and draw upon input from its industry partners

DDG X Destroyer Warship Program

“You've got lasers, larger arrays, an upgraded X band radar, maybe additional VLS (Vertical Launch Systems) cells, large missile launchers, and also potentially an integrated power and energy system versus just an integrated a power system,” Katie Connelly, the deputy program manager for the DDG X program office, told an audience earlier this year at the 2022 Surface Navy Association Symposium. Much progress on the ship has already been made, as the Chief of Naval Operations has approved an initial set of potential requirements and the service has drafted a preliminary Capabilities Development Document (CDD) for the ship.

https://warriormaven.com/sea/ddgx-destroyer-warship
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Navy Leads Industry Design Team for New DDGX Destroyer to Fight into 2060s
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2022, 12:48:23 pm »
Planning ahead, I believe they plan to name it the Xi Jinping. :im waiting:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson