Author Topic: Fresh GOP Dooming Emerges Just Prior to the Election, Democrat Actions Tell a Different Story  (Read 494 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Fresh GOP Dooming Emerges Just Prior to the Election, Democrat Actions Tell a Different Story
By Bonchie | 5:00 PM on November 06, 2022

Welcome to the worst part of any election cycle. Early voting has ended and the final polls have been released. To a large extent, the electorate is set, and it’s just a matter of waiting for the final results. While some will continue to try to parse early voting data, we won’t learn anything of value again until late Tuesday night.

That means there’s a lot of time to develop cold feet, and some on the right are doing just that. A week ago, confidence was at an all-time high. On Sunday, things took a different turn after NBC News released its last poll showing Democrats leading the generic ballot by one point.

Democrats rejoiced, suggesting that the environment had shifted just in time. Of course, that’s absolutely ludicrous given NBC News’ final survey overestimated Democrats in each of the last two elections and it’s just a single poll, but I digress. The point is that the vibe shifted, whether that actually amounts to anything or not (we’ll address that in a moment). The euphoria was added to by a weekend rally in Pennsylvania that has some on the left actually believing they’ll keep the House now.

https://twitter.com/davidmweissman/status/1589060416730038272

Listen, I’d be lying if I didn’t admit that I’m a little nervous heading into this final stretch. You never want to take a single thing for granted, and numerous past cycles have shown that you can never count out the “impossible” happening.

With all that said, I think this recent round of dooming isn’t warranted. As I mentioned, NBC News does not have a great track record, and another poll from ABC News on the same day showed Republicans leading by two points. Besides, what I have preached all year? The fundamentals matter, and ignore them at your own risk.

Joe Biden’s approval rating remains in the toilet, and the history of first-term mid-terms is still in effect. Further, pay attention to what Democrats are doing, not what they are saying.

https://twitter.com/RNCResearch/status/1589271855667580930

Political parties that are set for a good election night don’t rush into supposedly safe states to try to boost support at the last second. They don’t dump tons of money into them either. Democrats have been playing defense for a long time now, and that’s continuing up until the final whistle. New York should not be in play. Certainly, Illinois and California would not be a concern for Democrats if they were in a position to hold onto the House of Representatives.

That’s the reality that those huffing hopium over that NBC News poll are refusing to acknowledge. Anyone can cherry-pick data to make the case for their side. Republicans did it in the leadup to the 2018 election. That doesn’t change the fundamentals.

Lastly, Democrats that are looking at early voter turnout (which is up in some states, down in others) and rejoicing are making an erroneous assumptoin that Republicans simply won’t show up on election day. No evidence exists to suggest that. In fact, given how heavy the turnout was on election day in 2021 for the GOP, there’s every reason to believe they show up in force again. Elections do not end with early voting. You can’t judge what the final electorate will look like until the electorate is final.

But hey, let them hope. It’ll just make the final outcome that much more enjoyable.

https://redstate.com/bonchie/2022/11/06/fresh-gop-dooming-emerges-just-prior-to-the-election-democrat-actions-tell-a-different-story-n655379
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Hoodat

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
One of the best barometers of how the election turns out is how the market does the week leading up to election day.

DJIA up 400 points , points to a moderate GOP victory.  I think investors are still nervous about the senate still being in play.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.