Author Topic: ‘Cautionary Tale' First-Time EV Owner Spent 15 Hours Driving 178 Miles  (Read 230 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
WRITTEN BY KRISTEN ALTUS ON NOV 5, 2022. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS, VIDEOS

‘Cautionary Tale' First-Time EV Owner Spent 15 Hours Driving 178 Miles

ev charging stationAfter Colorado resident Alan O’Hashi purchased his all-electric Nissan Leaf — and became a first-time electric vehicle (EV) owner — he thought he was ready to embark on the first leg of a 2,600-mile road trip across Wyoming.

But the eager traveler was faced with a harsh truth after a 178-mile route took 15 hours to complete when normally it would clock in at two-and-a-half hours. [bold, links added]

“I was rudely awakened when I determined that the charging wasn’t as rapid as some people would lead you to believe, likely the dealers,” O’Hashi said in an interview on “Varney & Co.” Friday, “and I think people like myself, we go into it a bit blindly.”

https://climatechangedispatch.com/cautionary-tale-first-time-ev-owner-spent-15-hours-driving-178-miles/
« Last Edit: November 06, 2022, 06:27:09 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson