Author Topic: How IPCC’s 1990 Predictions Expensively Failed  (Read 182 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
How IPCC’s 1990 Predictions Expensively Failed
« on: November 06, 2022, 02:37:36 pm »
How IPCC’s 1990 Predictions Expensively Failed
8 hours ago Guest Blogger 39 Comments
By Christopher Monckton of Brenchley

It is now almost a third of a century since 1990, when IPCC made its first predictions about the weather. Since IPCC (2021) continues to predict the same 3 C° midrange long-term warming (equilibrium doubled-CO2 sensitivity, or ECS, broadly equivalent to 20th-century anthropogenic warming from all sources) as in 1990, it is high time someone examined IPCC’s medium-term predictions to shed light on the plausibility of its long-term predictions.

IPCC’s key medium-term prediction in 1990 was as follows –

“Based on current model results, we predict:

“under the IPCC Business-as-Usual (Scenario A) emissions of greenhouse gases, a rate of increase of global mean temperature during the next century of about 0.3 C° per decade (with an uncertainty range of 0.2 C° to 0.5 C° per decade). This is greater than that seen over the past 10,000 years. This will result in a likely increase in global mean temperature of about 1 C° above the present value by 2025 and 3 C° before the end of the next century. The rise will not be steady because of the influence of other factors.”
IPCC also predicted as follows –

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2022/11/05/how-ipccs-1990-predictions-expensively-failed/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson