Author Topic: Why the US still has not defeated ISIS in Iraq and Syria, according to a new report  (Read 245 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Why the US still has not defeated ISIS in Iraq and Syria, according to a new report

More than three years after losing its caliphate, ISIS is down but it’s certainly not out.

BY JEFF SCHOGOL | PUBLISHED NOV 3, 2022 5:40 PM

NEWS

It’s been more than three years since the Islamic State appeared to be defeated after the terror group lost all the territory it had once controlled, and yet ISIS continues to wage an insurgency in both Iraq and Syria, according to the most recent quarterly report from the Lead Inspector General for Operation Inherent Resolve.

“Overall, compared with the same period in 2021, the frequency and severity of ISIS-claimed attacks decreased dramatically in Iraq, while attacks in Syria increased significantly, marking a rebound from historically low levels the previous year,” the report says.

Between July and September, ISIS carried out 74 attacks in Syria and 73 attacks in Iraq, the report says. Small cells based in rural areas mostly conducted hit-and-run attacks against local security forces along with occasional high-profile attacks in cities.

https://taskandpurpose.com/news/isis-iraq-syria-us-military-defeat/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Really?  I think it may be because they need to have some ISIS activity to justify the size of the military build-up so they can have troops nearer Russia, considering Russia extends 12 time zones. :pondering:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline EdinVA

Defeating ISIS was/is not the goal.... the goal is to find a way to funnel as much money to the military industrial complex as possible so our representatives can cash their checks...   9999hair out0000