Author Topic: Pentagon: A North Korea nuclear attack would ‘result in the end of the Kim regime’  (Read 163 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Pentagon: A North Korea nuclear attack would ‘result in the end of the Kim regime’
The U.S. and South Korean defense chiefs met Thursday as Pyongyang launches a barrage of missiles.

By LARA SELIGMAN and PAUL MCLEARY

11/03/2022 12:06 PM EDT

Updated: 11/03/2022 01:40 PM EDT

Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin said during a meeting with his South Korean counterpart Thursday that any North Korean nuclear attack against the United States or others would “result in the end of the Kim regime.” The statement came hours after Pyongyang tested a new intercontinental ballistic missile, again raising tensions in the region.

“Any nuclear attack against the United States or its Allies and partners, including the use of non-strategic nuclear weapons, is unacceptable and will result in the end of the Kim regime,” Austin said during a meeting with Lee Jong-sup at the Pentagon on Thursday, according to a joint communique released by the Defense Department.

The administration included similar language in its National Defense Strategy, which the Pentagon released last week.

Both Austin and Lee told reporters after the meeting they were concerned about Pyongyang’s recent missile launches.

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/11/03/u-s-south-korea-defense-chiefs-north-korea-missile-00064898
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Not so.  Biden is too concerned about the Chinese liking him to launch an attack. 888buttkisser
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson