Author Topic: The New Pause Lengthens to 8 years 1 Month  (Read 175 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The New Pause Lengthens to 8 years 1 Month
« on: November 05, 2022, 02:32:57 pm »
The New Pause Lengthens to 8 years 1 Month
2 days ago Guest Blogger 369 Comments
By Christopher Monckton of Brenchley

Just in time for the latest UN Assembly of Private Jets at a swank resort in Egypt, the New Pause has lengthened again. It is now 8 years 1 month, calculated as the longest period for which there is a zero least-squares linear-regression trend up to the most recent month for which the UAH global mean surface temperature anomaly is available:

The trend on the entire dataset during the 527 months from December 1978 to October 2022 is 0.59 C°, equivalent to a modest and beneficial 1.34 C°/century:

If global warming were to continue at 0.134 C°/decade for 77 years to the turn of the next century, there would be just 1 C° more global warming this century. Is that a crisis, emergency, catastrophe, cataclysm or apocalypse? No. It is a good thing.

Why, then, the continuing worldwide pandemic of panic about the mildly warmer weather we are enjoying? In Britain this summer, for instance, we had a proper heatwave for a few days. Where’s the net harm in that?

The reason for the hand-wringing and bed-wetting is that policy continues to be made on the basis of computer predictions which have long been proven wildly exaggerated by mere events. In 1990, for instance, IPCC predicted that by now the warming rate should have been not 0.134 but 0.338 C°/decade:

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2022/11/03/the-new-pause-lengthens-to-8-years-1-month/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson