Author Topic: Climate Researchers Discover the Prisoners’ Dilemma  (Read 229 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Climate Researchers Discover the Prisoners’ Dilemma
« on: November 05, 2022, 02:25:35 pm »
Climate Researchers Discover the Prisoners’ Dilemma
1 hour ago Charles Rotter 10 Comments
New study in Nature Communications appears to have stumbled upon the Prisoners’ Dilemma

From Wikipedia,

The Prisoner’s Dilemma is an example of a game analyzed in game theory[citation needed]. It is also a thought experiment that challenges two completely rational agents to a dilemma: cooperate with Police and disclose, or not cooperate and remain silent. Cooperation, disclosing to police, entails betraying one’s partner in crime; whereas not cooperating and remaining silent, entails they, equally, serve one year in jail. If one talks, they, the betraying partner, will go free. The other will serve three years in jail. These choices as visually represented in the matrix to the right of the page and set out in dot point form below.

This dilemma originally framed by Merrill Flood and Melvin Dresher while working at RAND in 1950[citation needed]. Albert W. Tucker appropriated the game and formalized it by structuring the rewards in terms of prison sentences and named it “prisoner’s dilemma”.[1] William Poundstone in his 1993 book Prisoner’s Dilemma writes the following version:

Two members of a criminal gang are arrested and imprisoned. Each prisoner is in solitary confinement with no means of speaking to or exchanging messages with the other. The police admit they don’t have enough evidence to convict the pair on the principal charge. They plan to sentence both to a year in prison on a lesser charge. Simultaneously, the police offer each prisoner a Faustian bargain.

The possible outcomes are:

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2022/11/05/climate-researchers-discover-the-prisoners-dilemma/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
Re: Climate Researchers Discover the Prisoners’ Dilemma
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2022, 02:32:41 pm »
Or, as in the case of Biden and the USA, just roll over and hand out all the country's treasure to the globalists without condition.