Author Topic: Lively "senior flip phones"  (Read 1047 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Lively "senior flip phones"
« on: November 05, 2022, 12:56:23 am »
Do NOT buy one of these abortions!

Mine worked for almost 3 weeks before it froze up and refused to work,or even turn off.

Now I am having trouble getting the SOB's to release my phone number so I can use it with another service. This was the ONLY phone number I used since the days of "bag phones". EVERYBODY that knows me has this number,and some of those people I only hear from maybe once a year.

Guess what,when my phone froze up,Lively killed my account and sold my number. I am told now that I will need to get a new phone number to use because mine is no longer available.

I really,really,REALLY want to hurt somebody over this.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline libertybele

Re: Lively "senior flip phones"
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2022, 01:27:55 am »
Sorry to hear that @sneakypete  Sounds more like the fault of your carrier rather than the phone itself.  I haven't heard of 'Lively'.  Are they a new company??

I know it's a pain, but send a text to everyone with your new number.  Or are some of those numbers lost??

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2022, 01:33:44 am »
Sorry to hear that @sneakypete  Sounds more like the fault of your carrier rather than the phone itself.  I haven't heard of 'Lively'.  Are they a new company??

I know it's a pain, but send a text to everyone with your new number.  Or are some of those numbers lost??

@libertybele

Lively is a new company specializing in flip phones for seniors,and with someone supposedly on call 24/7 to respond to alerts. Mine just quit working. Won't turn off,won't dial any numbers.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2022, 01:39:48 am »
@libertybele

Lively is a new company specializing in flip phones for seniors,and with someone supposedly on call 24/7 to respond to alerts. Mine just quit working. Won't turn off,won't dial any numbers.

Well, obviously neither the phone or the company are worth a darn. I'm sure you're out some $$ but I'd find another company that sells flip-phones if that's they type of phone you want and start all over.  It's a shame as you shouldn't have to.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline corbe

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2022, 01:48:28 am »
   My phone is only a way for my Klingons to get ahold of this Guy who they know retired 5 years ago, I keep reminding them.  If not for @Texas Robin and my Maw I would not have one, at all.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2022, 04:50:08 am »
   My phone is only a way for my Klingons to get ahold of this Guy who they know retired 5 years ago, I keep reminding them.  If not for @Texas Robin and my Maw I would not have one, at all.

@corbe

Why is that a problem?

After all,you KNOW that YOU  are the only one that can make YOU answer a phone,right?

I don't answer any calls if I don't recognize the number or a personal note in the header that tells me who it is.

Online Texas Robin

• Breathe...then go forward
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2022, 01:57:35 pm »
 :seeya:  Good Morning and I hope everyone remembered that's it's Day Light Savings Time (fall back)
It didn't work for my dog, Kris, as he still got up at 6:30 am to go peepoo. 
@corbe @libertybele @sneakypete
I had a phone number since 2003, landline (what's that?  LOL) Anyway I had to use AT&T service when I moved October 30, 2020. I kept the same phone number and then my daughter bought me an iPhone (get with the times mom). Well I was paying $9.+ using Spectrum. When I had to change service I was charged $37. for unlimited incoming calls, but only 200 minutes on outgoing calls. That's unbelievable, as you can hold for Social Security 1 hour. Needless to say I canceled that service.
Fly Texas Robin,  super22 as today is Sunday brunch with Corbe, yum Mimosa's and something to eat. Don't know what Corbe is cooking, but he does make the BEST scrambled eggs.  :yowsa: 
Everything has an expiration date, so make the most of it

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2022, 11:27:39 pm »
@sneakypete --

Do you still have the phone, if not the account any longer?

Although I have a cell phone, I'm not really much of a cell phone user. Mine is always turned off, and used only for 2-factor verification text messages now and then, and on trips for emergencies.

I found what might be the cheapest cell phone subscription in the country (well, unless you get an obamaphone for free):
pagepluscellular.com

I pay $10 each 4 months.
For that, I get about an hour's worth of connection time (might be more, I've never bothered to check).
There are other plans as well -- I wanted the cheapest, most basic service.

So my cell phone service costs me $30 per year.

Insofar as coverage areas go:
Page Plus works on the Verizon system, so... anywhere a Verizon phone works, Page Plus works as well.

I have an LG flip phone that's good for "4g". I liked my old 3g Samsung phone better, but 3g is getting phased out.

If you still have your own phone, you can buy their SIM card (I think that's what it's called), and replace the one that's in the phone now.
Then call and get set up the first time.
Or, get another phone on your own, or get one from their web page.

I renew every 4 months online. Easy enough.

I've been using PP for around 15 years now, maybe longer.
Works good enough for me.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2022, 12:41:50 am »
My new flip phone won't turn off,make calls,or receive calls.

Since I live alone with no neighbor within a mile,and have health issues,I rely on a friend calling me every day to check on me.

Going back to Wal-Mart tomorrow to try to return my new phone for a full-refund,and get my old Motorola phone activated with Verizon again. Hoping I will be able to use my original phone number,but am losing faith in it because it seems like all the clerks are too bleeping lazy to go through the process,and it's just easier for them to give you a new number.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2022, 12:45:24 am by sneakypete »

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2022, 08:03:33 am »
Damn shame it doesn't work because it's a great idea :(