Author Topic: China’s rocket booster falls from space, crash lands in the Pacific Ocean  (Read 660 times)

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Yesterday because of "The Cone Of uncertainty" they said it could fall on Florida! Kinda like a Space Hurricane!!!! The "Cone" Missed us by 5000 miles!

The charred remnants of a rocket booster plunged uncontrolled back to Earth Friday morning, an event decried in the West as an irresponsibly risky move by the China National Space Administration.

The rocket reentered the atmosphere over the south-central Pacific Ocean just after 6 a.m. ET, according to the US Space Command, which is part of the Department of Defense.

“Once again, the People’s Republic of China is taking unnecessary risks with the uncontrolled rocket stage reentry of their Long March 5B rocket stage. They did not share specific trajectory information which is needed to predict landing zones and reduce risk,” said NASA Administrator Bill Nelson in a statement released Friday morning.

“It is critical that all spacefaring nations are responsible and transparent in their space activities and follow established best practices, especially, for the uncontrolled reentry of a large rocket body debris – debris that could very well result in major damage or loss of life.”

01 UGC China rocket debris reentry path
Remnants of China's uncontrolled rocket reentered the atmosphere over the Indian Ocean, US Space Command says
This hazardous situation marked the fourth uncontrolled reentry for a Long March 5B rocket since China’s space agency started flying it two years ago, as the vehicle was designed without the necessary equipment to steer itself to a safe landing. That fact has repeatedly stirred up controversy and been criticized by space policy experts who say it poses an unnecessary risk.

“I want to point out that the lower the acceptable risk is, the more expensive it is to design to that risk. But it’s something that must be done,” said Dr. Lael Woods, a space traffic management expert with the Space Safety Institute, during a news conference hosted by The Aerospace Corporation, a federally funded research center.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/11/04/world/china-rocket-booster-long-march-reentry-scn

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline goatprairie

The "cone of uncertainty"?
Is it the same thing as this?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
So what?   Until the 80's and 90's we always dumped boosters in the drink.  Still do, I think.

@Elderberry?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
So what?   Until the 80's and 90's we always dumped boosters in the drink.  Still do, I think.

@Elderberry?
@Cyber Liberty

Most countries control their rockets to splash down at "Point Nemo"

China's boosters are uncontrolled when they come down.

NASA's Hidden Graveyard Lurks Beneath The Pacific Ocean Near South America

https://www.latintimes.com/nasas-hidden-graveyard-lurks-beneath-pacific-ocean-near-south-america-531544

It is reported that NASA has an old hidden graveyard that lurks kilometers beneath the Pacific Ocean and is tucked between Antarctica and South America.

The spot, called Point Nemo, is tucked between Antarctica and South America and is located some 3,000 kilometers east of New Zealand. Point Nemo is where space agencies like NASA have dumped their discarded space junk since 1971. The remains that have been dumped there now lie scattered along the floor of the Pacific Ocean, 9News reported.

Point Nemo lurks kilometers beneath the most remote part of the planet. It is nowhere near any form of civilization and is the furthest from any land. Point Nemo is so far from the closest humans that those nearest by are actually onboard the International Space Station (ISS).

Due to its isolated location, Pont Nemo has been deemed the "safest" space on the planet for these controlled dumps. The controlled dumps are hurled from thousands of nautical miles from the thermosphere above.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2022, 12:55:31 am by Elderberry »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Cyber Liberty

Most countries control their rockets to splash down at "Point Nemo"

China's boosters are uncontrolled when they come down.

Thanks! :thumbsup:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Wonder if relatives of this flight were involved at Mission Control.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaOkTKfxu44
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.