Author Topic: Seriously?  (Read 575 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Seriously?
« on: November 04, 2022, 05:40:49 pm »
Let's give good health a shot. Now's the time to get your updated COVID-19 vaccine and your flu shot.For better protection against flu, the CDC recommends people 65 or older get one of the three higher-dose flu vaccines, if available.
Vaccines.gov

Visit Vaccines.gov to find COVID-19 vaccines and flu shots, including the high-dose flu vaccines, near you. You can get a flu shot and a COVID-19 vaccine, including the updated COVID-19 vaccine, at the same visit.

Medicare covers flu shots and COVID-19 vaccines at no cost to you. So why wait? Stay up to date on your vaccines for better protection this season.

Good to know: Starting in 2023, people with Medicare Part D drug coverage will pay nothing out-of-pocket for even more vaccines, including the shingles vaccine, that are recommended by the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP).

Sincerely,

The Medicare Team

No, thanks.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Hoodat

Re: Seriously?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2022, 05:44:54 pm »
First, come up with a vaccine against Covid.  Then we can talk.  Until that happens, I will continue to refuse your mRNA experiment.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online roamer_1

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2022, 06:38:07 pm »
First, come up with a vaccine against Covid.  Then we can talk.  Until that happens, I will continue to refuse your mRNA experiment.

It's Corona. A vaccine that works for COVID would work against the common cold.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2022, 06:44:31 pm »
It's Corona. A vaccine that works for COVID would work against the common cold.

Then why the hell are we even having this conversation?  This government has given me 1,792 reasons not to trust them.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online roamer_1

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2022, 06:47:42 pm »
Then why the hell are we even having this conversation?  This government has given me 1,792 reasons not to trust them.

Hey pal... You're preachin to the choir. I am altogether anti-vax (all vax) for that very reason.  :beer: