Author Topic: 11 New Warships That Will Join the US Navy Fleet  (Read 229 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
11 New Warships That Will Join the US Navy Fleet
« on: November 04, 2022, 01:30:58 pm »
11 New Warships That Will Join the US Navy Fleet
Angelo Young - 1h ago

The highly advanced 1,092-foot-long behemoth, weighing 97,000 tons when fully loaded, is powered by two nuclear reactors and is the future of the U.S. carrier strike groups. America currently has three more Ford-class carriers on order, and six more are planned to eventually replace the 10 Nimitz-class flattops.

The Ford is the biggest and latest of the U.S. Navy’s capabilities, but it is not the only ship in this roster. The U.S. has estimated 131 other warships in active service, with 62 more on order that are loaded with the latest defensive and offensive technologies for sea, air, amphibious, electromagnetic, and uncrewed naval warfare. (These are the 19 ships and submarines in U.S. naval fleet.)

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/11-new-warships-that-will-join-the-us-navy-fleet/ss-AA13Jqvr?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=003305a0034d4f569bfe2f1402ba96ac
« Last Edit: November 04, 2022, 01:31:55 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: 11 New Warships That Will Join the US Navy Fleet
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2022, 01:39:32 pm »
[quote author=rangerrebew link=topic=484075.msg2733181#msg2733181 date=16675686.

America currently has three more Ford-class carriers on order, and
six more are planned to eventually replace the 10 Nimitz-class flattops.

I'm certainly no statistician, but that leaves the US 4 less carriers.  I'm also not a big believer the carrier is the most wonderful ship in the Navy.  But that is a lot of degrading of Naval firepower unless there is a plan to replace the lost power we haven't heard of. :pondering:
« Last Edit: November 04, 2022, 01:42:20 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson