Author Topic: Alec Baldwin Thought He Was Untouchable for 'Rust' Shooting - Judge Gives Him Rude Awakening  (Read 600 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
the Western Journal  By Peter Partoll  November 2, 2022

Alec Baldwin Thought He Was Untouchable for 'Rust' Shooting - Judge Gives Him Rude Awakening

On Tuesday, a judge ruled that Mamie Mitchell, the script supervisor on the movie “Rust,” could proceed with her lawsuit against Alec Baldwin after he fatally shot the film’s cinematographer in October 2021.

According to the Los Angeles Times, Mitchell can pursue her allegations of assault, intentional infliction of emotional distress and negligence against Baldwin for firing a prop weapon and fatally wounding cinematographer, Halyna Hutchins, Los Angeles County Superior Court Judge Michael E. Whitaker ruled.

In his ruling, Whitaker noted, “For pleading purposes, the Court finds the second amended complaint alleges facts sufficient to establish despicable conduct carried out by [the defendants] with a willful and conscious disregard of the rights or safety of others.”

Mitchell and her team had previous claims against Baldwin, which were dismissed by Whitaker in September. But now they are celebrating this recent ruling.

Mitchell’s attorney, Gloria Allred, said in a statement, “We are pleased that the trial court’s tentative ruling has overruled Mr. Baldwin’s demurrer and permitted our client, Mamie Mitchell, to continue her lawsuit against Alec Baldwin to recover damages for the personal injuries she sustained.”

Baldwin fatally shot Hutchinson when his prop gun accidentally discharged on the set of “Rust” on Oct. 21, 2021. Since then, Baldwin has attempted to absolve himself of any blame for the deadly incident.

More: https://www.westernjournal.com/alec-baldwin-thought-untouchable-rust-shooting-judge-gives-rude-awakening/

Online DB

Wasn't a "prop gun".

It was a real gun that they were previously using for target practice.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
So the snake Allred slithered out of her hole again, can't say I care too much since it's one slimy liberal POS going after another slimy liberal POS. Should make Allred really popular on the liberal party circuit.

Online mountaineer

Wasn't a "prop gun".
It was a real gun that they were previously using for target practice.
Exactly.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline ChemEngrMBA

• TBR Advisory Committee

Baldwin fatally shot Hutchinson when his prop gun accidentally discharged on the set of “Rust” on Oct. 21, 2021.

No, it did NOT "accidentally discharge."  Baldwin pulled the trigger.  That is not "accidental."
If you drop a loaded firearm which is not on Safety, it might discharge accidentally.
He did not drop it.  The big mouth leftist girlie-man should go to prison for negligent manslaughter.
The Book Commentary: "The book (Brilliant Creations - The Wonder of Nature and Life) is pure genius."
Review by John Orosz, M.D. "It is beyond outstanding. Please send me twenty signed copies for colleagues, family, and libraries."
"I was running every morning for twenty years with a genius." - Mike McCartney, D.D.S.
"You have the most agile mind of anyone I know." -
Avice Marie Griffin, PhD, Clinical Psychologist

Offline verga

Still waiting, but not holding my breath, for formal charges to be placed agaisnt him. Screw the lawsuits, I want to see jail time for him.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.